Hearing random sounds before falling asleep

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by hardstyleaz, Feb 15, 2011.

1. It seems if I pay attention while trying to fall asleep, my brain will start to do things on its own. When I have finally quieted my mind and I'm ready to fall asleep, I will hear the most random noises right before I pass out. Now, I know that this isn't sleep paralysis, as I can move while this is happening. I've experienced sleep paralysis before. This is different.

The noises aren't as "audible" as external noises, they seem quieter and only are apparent when I stop paying attention to anything outside of my body. When I "hear" them, I know that I'm not physically hearing them with my ears, but they are still there. It's really hard to explain, like hearing a song in your head, but you actually "hear" it, like it was coming from sound waves.

I'm going to stop here so I don't confuse too many people. If I try to explain much further, I'll start confusing myself haha. So, has anyone experienced this before? Any comments, stories, opinions? I'd like to hear it all. And.......Go! :wave:

2. Yah I have, sometmes I've heard this voice I heard on a Salvia experience shouting as well. It's clear as a bell but not as normal everyday hearing is concerned. It's something to do with the shifting of consciousness from wakefullness to asleep.

I've never heard "songs" per say, but I've heard strange "interstellar machinery" noises. As if I'm hearing how my own neurochemistry works.

3. It's your mind playing tricks on you. Just go to sleep.

4. Happens to me alot
    Poster above, not that easy..

5. It's common to hear those inner sounds before going to sleep.

Deep meditation can produce these inner sounds.

Wait, isn't sleep like a form of deep meditation??

6. I always hear something smack against my blinds. Turns out it was a stink bug I forgot to kill back during summer. Killed that little fucker today.

7. Seriously wh does that even mean? We always pass off things that we can't explain...it's time to reside out consciousness and realize that nothing is simple and verifying has reason behind it.

8. Well, I don't actually hear songs during this time, I was just trying to relate it to something else. I usually hear talking (just a word or two at a time) and noises that seem like they could be coming from a machine, most of the time.

9. It is the transition into sleep / sleep paralysis. If you lie on your back in your bed for 30 minutes DMT releases into your body and you become paralyzed and start to hallucinate. The loud and random sounds usually accompany the transition.

Search around for sleep paralysis and astral projection.

10. It means that your brain is in the process of shutting down and entering the dreaming state. During dreaming, your neurons fire randomly sending out nonsensical signals and your brain puts them together in the most "logical" way. That's what your dreams are. Auditory hallucinations while lying in bed are the line between awake and dreaming. It's the beginning of the random sensory signals. You brain interprets it as some kind of noise. It's like your brain is starting to dream while it's still partially awake.

This guy explained it pretty well.

11. That's happened to me a few times. I got really scared once because around 2 am I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and I started hearing a baby crying, and it was loud and seemed audible, not like hearing thoughts in your head. Though I was going schizo until I looked into it.

12. I thought it wasn't called sleep paralysis if you can still move? Minutes before I fall asleep, this happens to me, but I CAN STILL MOVE...

13. Me and my brother heard the same thing. It was weird.

14. I like to lay there in the dark and watch phosphenes until i fall asleep=)

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1G_9tTt0KU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Ear Ringing?! The effects of S.S.S.S. (Killer HD) YT testimonials... Pt 1[/ame]

Mind control

"For years, rumours have persisted that the United States Department
    of Defense has been engaged in research and development of
    ultra-sophisticated mind- altering technology. "

Military Use of Silent Sound

16. meh, I guess. I don't believe but let OP decide

17. That shit happens to me too, I think it's a defense mechanism that is built in to our bodies. I'm not exactly a doctor but I think its primal instincts or something...when you start to lose consciousness your body senses this so it goes into hyperdrive making things clearer or more noticeable than usual. Correct me if I'm wrong:)

18. This happens to everybody. Try to continuee to stay awake rather than pass out.

Shit gets deeper.

Mess around and find someone in your room. LOL.

Seriously.

19. like an alien??