Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Hear this theory out

Discussion in 'General' started by ImOn3Marijuanas, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Imagine the concept that everyone sees in different colors. For example, the way I see green, you see red, but that's what you were born with so it's normal to you. When you think about it, you can't describe color without using the word of the color that it is. There's no possible way we could ever really tell what another person is seeing. Your grass may appear pink through my eyes but it's what you've seen your whole life so it's normal to you.

2. ive seen this shit like 9 times this week bro
    [​IMG]

ELABORATION: If you look at my grass and tell me it's green, then I would agree with you. If you look at my grass and tell me it's pink, I'd probably tell you to get the fuck off my lawn if I actually had one.

3. Haven't seen it at all weird lol

4. I don't get this because when 2 people look at grass they'll both say its green

5. [quote name='"ImOn3Marijuanas"']Imagine the concept that everyone sees in different colors. For example, the way I see green, you see red, but that's what you were born with so it's normal to you. When you think about it, you can't describe color without using the word of the color that it is. There's no possible way we could ever really tell what another person is seeing. Your grass may appear pink through my eyes but it's what you've seen your whole life so it's normal to you.[/quote]

We invented this theory when i was in high school, we called it "saige's color theory" after the creator

6. Exactly, but I guess OP is trying to say other people think the color PINK is named GREEN, and vice versa.

It's really just a waste of time to think of this IMO lol.

7. no there is a real way of knowing what colors are what.

different colors are all different wavelengths on a spectrum of different radiations

they have different energy levels like red is the longest wavelength therefore lowest energy and violet is shortest wavelength and highest energy. #stayinschool

[​IMG]

8. It's their perception of green that matters. Person A could see Pink as Blue, and Person B could see pink as Orange; and since they could never see the other persons perception of the given color, they would ultimately have to agree that it is the color they know as blue.

9. Lol are you telling me this theory was invented in the past decade?

10. All I know is when I'm on an unmentionable and I look at a white wall, I fucking see a rainbow of colors going on.

11. [quote name='"HiowA:)"']

Lol are you telling me this theory was invented in the past decade?[/quote]

It was freshman year, so about 8 years ago