Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

healthy way to smoke

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Seatowncrown, Apr 30, 2007.

1. i heard scientist say that when smoking its the amount of times the flame is put to the buds that counts, so therefore lighting up a joint sounds healthier than using a pipe, however this is only relevent considering that lighters release butane when burning, but is that entirely true? and also, the advantage of a pipe is that you dont smoke paper, could someone please inform me whats the healthiest method to smoke besides a vaporizer?

2. Solar hits anyone? haha.

3. If you dont want to use a lighter, a really good way to burn up your bud is using a magnifying glass when its a nice and hot day out.

4. Matches or a candle or something.

5. Yea, matches would work good too, but wait till AFTER it is lit instead of trying to hit just as it lights up, because thats when its bad for ya.

6. Or, of course, VAPE THAT SHIT, YO!

7. whats bad about a lighter?

8. yup yuuuuuupp tryin this next pick up. ;)

9. solar hits are tight, but im pretty sure you still get tar and all that junk in your lungs, which just comes from smoke in general, regardless of the cause... right?

10. Nice man:D

11. butane i think. but who knows if those little amounts are even very harmful if harmful at all.:confused_2:

12. Yeah it's the butane. Sure it's just a little at a time, but I've been tokin for 4 years and I bet it adds up over extended periods of time. Not only that, but Solar Toking tastes great!

13. It seems if you smoked a waterpipe of some sort (bubbler, bong, hookah, etc), the butane from the lighter would burn up before it reaches your lungs or get caught in the water.

EDIT: I've heard of lighting a piece of hemp twine/string and keeping it on fire so you can keep re-lighting your bowl. That way you're smoking only what you want to smoke.

14. When a combustion reaction occurs (burning something) the reactants are oxygen and a Hydro-carbon gas, usually. The gas, butane in this case burns up and produces C02 and H20. Not butane. There could be little particles taht aren't burnt up, but that's very miniscule.

15. Solar bowls are dank, I've almost bought one of the pipes with the magnifying glass over the bowl a few times, but I always feel like it wouldn't get enough use.

16. Heat Gun or Solar hits.

17. ^^ i smoked plenty of times out of a pipe where it stayed lit all the way through as it was passed around... u just have to pass quick and hit it and it should stay lit

18. that just depends on how the bowl is packed. the more broken/grinded up it is, the easier it'll cherry

19. i'm so glad one of my best friends just bought a vape :hello:

20. Matches are fine but I would not use a candle. There are chemicals from the wick you probably don't want to be inhaling.