healthy plants turned overnight help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by girlzthatgrow420, Feb 25, 2016.

1. I'm a first time grower and I'm pretty scared. My month old plants were healthy enough for a first time grower and yes the leaves on the bottom were yellow and I know that that's normal. Also some of the plants stems or purple but I know that that could be normal due to genetics so I did not take the symptoms seriously due to a lot of research. I woke up this morning and now I know I should have cured these issues. Now all of the plants have purple stems some of them have purple spotting on the leaves. Also the veins are purple. The bottom set of leaves were yelling and brownish and now the leaves above them are doing the same thing It's weird because other than that the plants are healthy But it seems to me as they are getting sicker i am a first time grower in my setup includes a grow tent that is 6 feet tall 4 feet wide with the width of 2 feet. I have a 125 watt grow light. Also I have three 60 watt spiral CFLs and a 40 wat spiral CFL. Yes I know this is not enough light but I am getting a 400 watt HP light with reflector on Tuesday. This light setup was only temporary due to me doing online shopping. I have 8 Plants knowing a first time grower always comes into issues also my seeds were not feminized and will only be keeping four female and healthy plants that's if I am lucky because right now I don't think I'll be keeping any also my seeds were not feminized My stems are thick and healthy now they are purple. My leaves were healthy now there's purple spotting. I am so disappointed in myself I should have took care of these issues when I first saw them just like I tell other first time growers now I know I should not be giving advice because I can't even succeed and growing myself I will never give up on my babies and I need your help as quickly as possible I'm attaching photos that may not be perfect but I think that you will get as much information as you need from them. I need help quick and the local hydro shop near me just opened and I feel like he is taking advantage of me and telling me to buy everything and anything I am constantly checking the pH of all the water and nutrients I am giving my babies. Every two waterings I feed with dyna grow nutrients. I use Black Gold soil. And I have good drainage I don't understand what the problem can be I am a first time grower and I'm pretty scared My one month old plants where healthy enough for a first time grower and yes the leaves on the bottom were yellowing and I know that that's normal I am a first time grower and I'm pretty scared. some of the plants stems were purple but I know that that could be genetics so I did not take the symptoms seriously due to a lot of research . I am so disappointed in myself right now.

Attached Files:

2. I think it's a case of too little light. The distance between nodes is pretty large which suggests that your ladies are stretching for light. .

I can also say your space is way too small for 8 plants. I have 4 ladies in a 3'x3' and it's pretty packed. Unless you are going to flower at this height. For a month of veg these ladies are pretty short

Might need to rethink this set up before you go further. 2 strong females will out produce 8 stretched and weak females.

Good work on your first go around. Try to set yourself up for success by reading, reading, and then reading some more

LED indoor - https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394646-Pure-AK-barebulb-cfls

3. Leafs seem really light in colour if they continue to turn yellow it's a possible they are lacking in nitrogen.

4. My guess would be nitrogen maybe calcium or magnesium but if your nutrients have everything they need it could be soil ph have you tested the ph of the runoff ?