healthy munchies?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SpiceMadeOfLife, Jan 24, 2009.

1. #1 SpiceMadeOfLife, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
    Lately in an effort to shed a bit of fat I've been going to the gym and eating well. I've been going by a motto off and on.

"If your hungry eat an apple. If your thirsty, drink some water. If your bored, go to the gym."

Most of the time the last one doesn't quite happen, but I still go alot more than I used to. And its actually working too. My waist line has trimmed down alot. When I first got this new belt, I was at the 2nd notch. Now normally I sit at the 3rd notch on the belt, and the 4th one is getting more and more common.

However, then there's the smokers dilemma, foooooodddd is aawwweeeeeommmmeee. Smoking weed is how I gained extra weight in the first place. I've been finding that apples and water is great foods to eat high. Water, the ultimate liquid, and apples, so sweet and sour and delicious (I like green apples :)) Sometimes I'll grab a bowl of chips and a beer, but the first combo works great.

Maybe I'm one of the only people who do this, but I dunno. Anybody else eat somez healthey food stuffz after burnin?

2. I only keep healthy stuff in the house because I blaze so much, and don't need to be getting fat with rugby season right around the corner

I really love hummus when I'm high. If you can, make it yourself. Healthy as fuck and so tasty. Fruit is always good, as are vegetables and some kind of dip. If I really want to munch out, I just make a huge turkey sandwich. Can't go wrong there

3. no doubt, healthy munchies are where its at. Fruit all time whether it be apples, bananas, grapefruits, oranges..the taste is amplified and it tastes super juicy especially with enhanced taste buds haha. And yeah I usually drink water or milk regardless. I actually try to eat healthy all the time and not just when I'm blazed:eek:. But if I gotta have chips then I'll grab some pita chips and hummus, that is the best.

4. my friends make fun of me for this stuff but apples and bananas kick ass when your ripped! :smoking:

5. baby carrots , they taste so sweet when your broiled (literally). grilled salmon is dankk too (my favorite all-time meat). honeydew, cheerios, horizon chocolate milk....

6. I'm slowly converting to munching a little healthier. I used to bolt for cereal/snacks but the person i usually smoke with is a bit of a health nut and grabs a ton of fruit. Lately I've been eating things from the ground after smoking things from the ground.

7. haha i eat unhealthy myself... i eat hotpockets and fastfood at least once a day. adn whatever i can find in the fridge.. pizza you name it. i really love mexican food and asian food too...

anyways i just run 2-3 miles a day and bike about 5 miles a day. so im really active. i havent had to worry about anything yet =]

8. Red pepper Hummus is great.. especially if you make it yourself or buy some fresh from a Middle Eastern grocery store (they always have the best pocket bread too.. kicks Joseph's ass)

9. avocado hummus + that sprouted hemp bread Whole Foods sells, with some sliced red peppers thrown in

10. I eat terribly now, but in the summer at the cottage i would eat wild blackberries and blueberries and they were amazing... I'd also try to keep something nice from the bbq in the fridge to eat at night :)

11. Im eating sugar snap peas w/ salt right now. I read about it earlier (perhaps on this forum?) and figured what the heck ill give it a try. And they're goooood. :) A nice substitute for pretzels.

More times than not theres usually a healthier alternative to any munchie craving... Burger:Sandwhich, Candybar:Cereal Bar, Soda:Ice Tea (Water + Any of the Crystal lights are good), so on and so forth.

12. Sometimes when I commute downtown I go to a vaporizer lounge and get cooked there and go a really good natural sushi place across the street.

13. that is PERFECT i've been thinkin about how to jump back into everything, (used to weigh like 150 and run a looooot now i weigh 260), and that is the best most simple line that is straight perfect for me lol...you should trademark that shit...

[​IMG]

14. I think a majority of nasty food we eat for munchies is simple more available.
    when I don't have to hide the fact that I'm stoned, I love to cook. only time I ever like meat is when I'm baked.

15. I like to smoke outa the apple then take a big ass bite and that cures the cotton mouth and munchies in one swoop lol..... As far as healthy munchies i like......

=yogurt
    =celery is pretty bomb
    =kiwi
    =mango is probly one of my fav.
    =eat these one by one or throw them in a blender and mix them all up smoothie

Expeirment you can eat just about anything when your Lit

16. haha thanks its been workin too. Good luck with that :)

17. Im ashamed of some of the things I've eaten with the munchies, and how much.

It's funny though, now I'm on a tolerance vacation... and I ate some of the junk I usually eat, but sober, and it did nothing for me. I have one recipe though thats sooooooo good munchies or not. Its the perfect alternative for greasy chips , and the best part is Im lazy, and its easy.. TRY IT!!

oh did I mention a can of chickpeas costs less than a dollar? seriously try it!!!

CRUNCHY SPICY CHICKPEAS
    1. take a can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drain and rinse
    2. Take a baking pan or whatever wont burn in the oven and cover the bottom with about 3 or 4 Tablespoons of olive oil or canola oil
    3. Add 1 Tablespoon of chilli powder, 1 Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, 1 TEASPOON black pepper & a pinch of salt. Mix it all into the oil.
    4. add chickpeas and make sure theyre covered with the seasoning
    5. Bake at 400 degrees and kick back for about 30 minutes, give or take, and you will have crispy crunchy spicy deliciousness waiting for you in the oven!

p.s. Try not to forget there is something cooking!!

18. About a month ago I was at a buddies house super ripped and his girlfriend had an orange and asked me if i wanted one. It was so juicy and delicious when I got home i peeled another. and another. and another. Eventually i had eaten 6 oranges in less than 20 minutes. Probably wasn't the best for me but damn, they were good. :D

19. i like them little 100 calorie packs. for people who like to eat a whole bag of chips while high, you could eat a whole box and it would only be 600 calories!

EDIT: i buy like 3 boxes at a time.. shit.

20. yea dude sweet thread, I try to do that all the time. I usually make sweet fruit bowls. with like bananas carrots grapes (purple and green) blue berries and strawberry's and it is awesome and fills you up so GOOD! mmmmmm hungry dragon