Healthy hydroponics ppm & ph

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bizie, Dec 1, 2012.

1. You're the second person I've heard refer to'food grade h2o2'. wtf is food grade? Who eats h2o2? From what I understand there is the one for first aid, and the one used to lighten hair.

I have never seen a recipe call for h2o2

2. Just search it man. You would be surprised what will come up. I'm always the one doing all the work. Freaking bizie over here. Here I will help here is a book on it. Have fun... http://innersites.com/misc/TheTruthAboutFGHP.pdf

more info on fighting cancer w/ it
    Hydrogen Peroxide Cancer Treatment - Alternative Cancer Treatments

General usage info Drink H2O2 Drinking Hydrogen Peroxide Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy

Into it a little..food grade does not contain phenol, acetanilide, sodium stanate, tetrasodium phosphate, etc. which are stabilizer for h2o2 and not good for people or plants. Food grade means you can eat and or drink it. But wait don't do it!!!! The dose is minuscule! You MUST know exactly what you are doing or you can kill your self. H2o2 can actually be beneficial to people if used correctly. Honestly if they would disinfect water with h202 I think people would be a lot healthier instead of using cancer causing chemicals. Probably just would cost them too much...

read
    read
    read
    read
    and then read some more. You will be surprised what you will learn.

3. My slow ph rise is due to the humboldt honey I think. I'm using general hydro 3 part and add some humboldt honey at flowering. That seems to be the constant to change my ph.

4. are you saying the honey slows your Ph rise?

5. Ace, no, I mean the honey is the organics that's breaking down not the roots.

6. organic breakdown would LOWER Ph though ;/ Are you saying its slowing the rise that usually happens?

7. Normally when plants are eating more then they are drinking the ph will naturally rise. Certain substances seem to raise it also. If its changing suddenly it might not be organics breaking down but another science happening. Whenever I use to add koolbloom to my res it always make the ph instantly rise to 6...Why? I honestly have no idea but I just but it back to 5.2

8. it rises instantly when the ionic balance is changed. More positive ions(cations) in the Koolbloom makes the NET IONIC BALANCE more positive than it was before. Its really just hydrogen atoms vs hydroxide atoms

9. Ace, you mentioned that root rot could be why my PH is rising earlier. I thought you were referring to the organics breaking down and causing that ph to rise.

At this point the girls are great. I don't want to over complicate what's working already, I'm just hoping to understand a little better as to the how and why my ph is moving. The girls are definitely drinking a lot. I'm going to check my readings here in a minute and post the results.

10. I wasnt saying root rot increases Ph. It lowers it through organic breakdown

Plant growth raises Ph Because the plant uses negative ions(hyrdogen ions) and releases positive ions(hydroxide ions) resulting in a net positive ionic balance (higher Ph)

11. Wow I misread that. Ok...so my ph is rising because they're eating up all those nutes and growing. That makes more sense because I'm not seeing anything looking like its feeling the rot. I'll snap a pic tonight. Just got my constant 5 in 1 monitoring system.

12. Hi,

I read the following statement on a different website: "You need to note that it is natural for the pH level of a reservoir to climb over time as the plant takes up more water than nutrients. This will usually take between 5 and 10 days to move the pH up from 5.5 to 6.5".

I'm using X nutrients, and I've been following their suggested feeding dosage. According to what I'm reading here this is way too much. My res is 1 gallon with 1 seven week old plant. Every morning I have to add about 14 oz of water, and increase the pH from about 4.9 to 6.0. Does this mean my plant is using all the nutes I'm feeding it?

Thanks.

13. we would need a LOT more info about your room. Sounds like youve got root rot though. Start a new thread :)

14. #74 RW0331, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013

Based on the pictures of root rot I've looked at I don't think that's it. I FIMmed and LST'd it. It's about 14" square, about 8" high, with a root ball that's about 3' long. The roots are a very light brown for the first 8" or so, but are pure white and healthy looking all the way to the ends, and there seems to be new roots growing.

I started out in a 3' cash crop box. It has a 1 gallon RO res. I'm using X Nutrients basic program at the recommended dosage (I now know that's to much). I check and adjust the pH daily, change and clean the res. weekly. I don't have a PPM/TDS/EC meter, and I'm checking the pH with drops. I think the water temp is around 66. I don't think the air temp gets any warmer than low 70s in the grow area. I have no idea about humidity. The plant is growing, and for the most part looks healthy. A few of the older leaves look a little dry/def, but there is new bright green growth almost every day. It's using about 14 ounces of water a day, so every 3 or 4 days I've just about replaced the gallon of water, so I add a little more nutes. The water in the res. looks fine - it's clear, not cloudy, and I don't see much of anything floating around it it. Based on what little info I have, and everything I've read I don't understand why the pH keeps dropping.
    I keep the air pump running 24/7.

3/12 Thanks Fenabar. I got the temp/hum meter first day readings are 82 degrees at 47% humidity.

I'm moving it to flower tomorrow. I'll try to post a few pics.

Thanks.

15. no pics, no meters, no answers. Sorry dude but youre just not doing it right :) wish we could help more but without any ACTUAL measurements we'd all just be guessing

16. Like he said ^^^^^^^^^^
    Invest in a meter...try to undo a nut with a hammer...confused...

17. I do have a meter; PHT-026, it tests pH, temp, EC. That is if I can get the freakin EC side to calibrate grrrr.

Here are a few photos of the environment, and the plant itself.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

18. #78 CL4P-TP, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    Means you need a bigger rez. Your feeding too much.

See your Pics...make that SWC ( shallow water culture) is light proof.

19. You can get a cheap wall thermometer with a humidity meter for >$10 @ Walmart or even a dollar store.
    I bought a zero water brand filter, the kind in the pitcher, and it comes with a tds meter that reads up to 1k. For $29. I use the filter for water for my mister and my 2 dirt plants.

20. I think you are referring to my mistype and it is confusing you. If you read every page you see where I correct my self. PH drops when you are over feeding. The plants are using more water then nutrients causing your ph to drop and ppm to rise. You also should light proof your reservoir. I need to be able to edit that but that ability stops after a certain period of time.

And it really takes your water to 0ppm like advertised? Or is that why they give you their own ppm meter? [​IMG] jk I mean if it takes water to 0ppm then It would be good to take camping or anything like that I would imagine. Boil puddle water for 5 min and filter it then you'd have perfectly good drinking water. Not that that is relevant to the thread but was just thinking...