Healthy hydroponics ppm & ph

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bizie, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Ace, I was towards the bottom of the res so the last 5 gallons or so of solution was probably organics breaking down. My temps are at 74. I had some film build up too which I didn't like at all. Realized I hadn't changed my air stones in 2 months or so. Swapped out the 4 stones and the surface is breaking bubbles again on 35 gallons In a 55 gallon drum.

After all that...ph is staying at 5.7 and nutes are getting used up. Ppm is down about 100 pts in last 2 days since the change.

The girls are happy and so am I. Thanks fellas!

2. The info on that link is incorrect. The type of meter matters, not the nute company. Dutch Masters conversion for my Truncheon is .07, link says .05.

:wave:

3. Looks like it's earned 2 Me.

4. "But they are on sale!" Or "look at all the points I have that's like 10$ off!" Lol I've used all the excuses I can think of to justify my seed purchase addiction... Rofl my woman just said last week " don't you enough for now? Do you plan to single handedly keep this place in business?" Haha ;-)

5. :) sounds like happiness to me!

6. Wait.. You Change air stones? Can't you just wash them off?

7. @xeno yeah I guess you could wash them off but they don't ever perform like they do when they're new.

I just ordered 2x 3200 GPM power heads for my reservoir. It's a 55 gallon drum and these should keep all that water churning and keep the nutes from settling in the res.

Attached Files:

8. dont use these anywhere near the roots. Hope you have your res added on. Also they put off heat!

this is why we just use air to move the water around

9. you can but its not always needed. Ill usually go a hyear or 2 without changing mine but im careful about keeping my airpump intakes clean

10. temps of what? if its your room, fine. If its your res, too high! :) if its the res, lets get it down to mid 60s if possible. Some go even lower to avoid root rot and increase dissolved oxygen

11. Ace, I use an ebb and grow system. 74 is my res temp. Room goes from 65-86 at the canopy. I haven't had any root rot issues though. I will need to add a chiller this summer. I'm in AZ. Our summers are hot.

12. Is it bad to use, together moderately, Dutch Masters Zone & Earth Nectar n Ambrosia??

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using GC Forum

13. I think I read somewhere that that is a big NO NO :)

14. #54 chef423, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    It is. Been combining them. Think that's my root issue. Flushing tmrw with Earth Nectar n Ambrosia and clean water only. Lightly pH'd

Only good news is my plants still look vigor and healthy.

Just know for a fact my roots should be a lot better developed. All is not lost tho!

My apology to the thread maker, this was no attempt to hi-jack your thread.

15. Great thread!

Wave:
    :bongin:

16. 68 is optimun for nutrient absorbtion and dissolved 02 combination. Warmer temps around 74 and the plant can assimilate the nute's easier. Lower temps you get a increased ability for the water to HOLD O2. That's all the lower temps do and actually to low and your just stunting growth. If you keep your hydro PH at 5.2 the acidic water will help keep the roots happy and the hydro plants love 5.2ph.

Chef I'm sorry but I have no exp with those products and honestly I don't have the time right this min to do the research. I would just listen to ace on that.

Info gathered and applied like always in my post's.
    Text

17. I know the feeling....

Cashed in Sannies points on a pack of Killing Fields for one of the last 5 packs of Mt. Hood Huckleberry.....:smoking:

3 attitude orders during newsletter so I can pick up some of the last LA Con. regs( 3 per order) . Yeah I ordered PnM fems of..... LA Con. :eek: 2 fems per order to make the cost requirements... so 6 fems & 9 regs of LA Con., not shabby IMHO. Foolish...very debatable..:eek:

So you can tell her, it seemsto be an epidemic

18. LOL it is probably getting obvious to the seed banks that we only buy during promotions. They are probably laughing at us giving us all the old seeds but whatever, works for me :)

Its the freebies that I use against my ol' lady... "no no but look if I order now I get all these lovely strains for free and next month wont be the same ones" :devious: muahhahahaha

19. Muah haha I'm glad I'm not the only guy out there!

20. Oh and the guy asking bout the stones you can clean them with a product made specifically to do that called revitalize or h2o2 soaked, rinsed, and blown out usually does the trick also. I used to boil or heat the stones then blow them out but I ruined some that way so I use chemicals now. Honestly I think the h2o2 worked the best to clean em. I used 35% food grade at 1:4 water ratio.