Healthcare costs and hypocrites

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Hey City,

So recently at work we had a plant meeting and the issue of healthcare costs had come up.

The corperate guy who fielded the question was saying how the company is doing their best and blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda....

What I found ironic and irritating about the whole thing was- here is this guy, telling us how the company is doing all they can..... Yet this guy himself was seriously overweight.

It made me start to think- when are people going to start taking responsibility for their actions/choices and the effect on healthcare costs?

Personally I think people who are overweight, smoke/chew tobacco, abuse pills/alcohol, hypocondriacts etc should be paying more for their health care.

Yet these are the same people who bitch and moan about health care and how much it costs.

Now I know the health care system in the USA is no where near perfect- but don't be a fucking hypocrite.

It really pisses me off how someone who smokes cigarettes or drinks way too much pay the same amount for health care in most cases as people who choose not to. I like the idea how some companies charge a smoker more for their healthcare than non smokers.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

Do you find yourself bitching about health care costs- yet your a fucking hypocrite?

2. This is the primary reason that universal healthcare is beyond retarded. If it were implemented, you'd be paying for every fatass who refuses to improve his/her own lifestyle, and is simply enjoying the free ride.

3. Being overweight isn't always avoidable.

4. I understand this- but doing nothing when you are overweight (even if it is genetic) is unacceptable IMO.

Eating correctly, excercising, etc- how many genetically overweight people actually do this????

From what I've seen- very few....

Which leads me to believe that not every overweight person who says its genetics is actually genetically related...

5. Eh. My mother exercises at least 2 hours a day and eats small, healthy portions and still is overweight. I see how hard she works and it kills me when her weight refuses to go down.

6. I mean seriously overweight....

Being overweight in general isn't that bad- I'm talking verge of obese and doing nothing about it.

EDIT::

I mean no disrespect towards anyone- thats not what this is about.....