Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

health

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rhegedor, Jan 2, 2011.

1. i was just wondering what marijuana does to your health good or bad. also is it bad to use a zippo lighter to smoke.

2. The only noticeable effect it's had on me over a few years of daily smoking is when exercise, I tend to breathe harder. But that could very well be because I smoke tons of cigarettes too. ;)

3. If you don't smoke all day every day I don't think you will notice any bad effects.
    If you do smoke a lot and often I would think it would affect your lung function some. Like if you were to play basketball or something you might get out of breath more easily.
    I too wonder about what those butane fumes are doing to me. Gotta be inhaling some of it.

4. cannabis does not really have any negative effects.
    smoking anything causes damage to your lungs.

Positive effects are many, but vary from person to person.

can help with things like: appetite, depression, sleep disorders, pain, ect.

the fumes from lighters aren't good for ya, but I don't know how significant it really is

5. I can attest to this. Cures my insomnia. I sleep like the dead now. Then again it could be the butane. :D

6. I remember back in highschool when people started to find out I smoked. I got kicked out of a couple lunch tables because of people talking about how bad it is for you. Most people had misinformation. Ever since bud was introduced into my life I have no problem sleeping.