Health risks

Discussion in 'General' started by HollosiD, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Hi everyone!

My name is David here and I'm a new member.
    I have some concerns and fears about the health issues of spliffs.
    I'm not a heavy stoner I smoke 2-3 joints a week mostly on weekends and I just can't do it without tobacco because it's very harsh for me.
    I add a little to every joint but is less than a half cigarette.
    So my question is should i worry about it and change?
    Thanks for your help!

2. The weed is nothing to worry about.

Tobacco is the issue, but at 2-3 j's a week and in total consuming the amount of tobacco from a single cigarette, still is probably nothing to worry about.

I used to do them occasionally, but when the tobacco ended up giving me a really mild headache that mixed with the high. It just wasn't pleasant anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you Dr.Light for the quick answer it was very helpful and I'm not worried anymore

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol to harsh. I have a couple methods to combat that. One of them is putting a drop or two of water on the end of the joint and pulling it/them in through, waiting about 5 to 10min for the droplet/s soak in. Should help out on harshness.

Another is rolling it tight, more personal on my part,

In the end tabbacy is bad. at your cunsumption I don't think it would matter. But it is something to think about

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you for the tips..I've tried it several times but I need that touch of t in it...I'm an absolutely non smoker so that can't be reason lol...

6. Lol. What's your risk/reward threshold? Do you eat crap food? Do you sit on your ass all day? All bad habits will kill you eventually how long you willing to chance it because it's worth it? Do, don't, doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lol say no more mate thanks...

8. There's a possibility you'll get addicted to tobacco. Unless you already are.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks...no I'm an absolutely non smoker...

10. I find tobbaco 100X harsher than weed. You gonna get lung cancer or enphysema.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know admitting this will show my ignorance but I had quit smoking for about 5 years when someone I was with was using Wintergreen Copenhagen. It smelled pretty nice so I tried it not even considering it could make my nicotine addiction active. Of course I eventually bought my own and then was taking a class where I got a few minutes break between classes, not enough time for a dip so I satisfied my addiction with a cigarette just to hold me over and the rest was history. You're taking a big chance mixing tobacco with your weed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thank you for the comment...I am an absolutely non smoker and as I said I do 2-3 joints a week sometimes less and I'm using very less amount of tobacco less than half a cig...do you think is that dangerous as well?thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. "They" whoever "they" are say one cigarette a day is not detrimental to your health. You can rely on my poor memory or that probably unquantifiable bit of data and rest assured you're doing yourself no harm other than the possibility of addiction. If one is good today, two is better tomorrow..

• Like Like x 1
  14. So you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older, shorter of breath, and 1 day closer to death. Why make it any worse with tobbacco?