Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Health Risk Of Blunts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jcurtis, Jan 8, 2014.

1. I apologize if this thread has been created before (I bet it has) but I'm curious to know the health risk of smoking blunts. I smoke swishers by the way. Can anyone provide evidence of their health risk? I want to know just how bad those blunt papers are for you. 

Thanks!  :smoke:

2. Well blunts are probably the most unhealthy way to smoke. I don't know much about how bad they are, but tobacco in general isnt good for you, and lots of cigarillos/wraps have flavoring and stuff is probably pretty bad too. Google might give you better, more scientific answers. I smoke blunts too, but only occasionally

3. depends how much you smoke them. A blunt every now and again isn't a big deal, but if you're smoking them on the daily, especially multiple blunts a day, there is going to be an effect on your lungs and throat. Not as substantial an effect as if you were smoking cigarettes, but definitely some effect. Swishers are good, or any cigar, you definitely don't want to be smoking multiple blunt wraps a day.

4. if u like blunts then  buy a fanta leaf .. all natural uncured tobacco leaf... plus u get about 20 blunts for 2 or 3 dollars... no nasty blunt taste or harshness or chem cured paper

5. It's a tobacco product.  Looking it up would be better then asking here.

6. Carcinogens ,tar , kills large amounts of brain cells. Oh where to begin?

I would believe that blunt wraps are laced with chemicals just like commercial cigarettes are, so that's kind of self explanatory why they wouldn't be good for you. Combustion in itself is not good no matter what is burned, but tobacco is exemplified with the toxic slew of chemical additives mixed in.

8. blunts kill brain cells?

9. Tobacco in general kills brain cells but to be honest so does sneezing ,sleeping ,and playing football.

10. How exactly does sleeping kill brain cells? I thought the whole point of sleeping was to restore your brain cells