Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Health Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by belts, Mar 18, 2014.

1. #1 belts, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Okay, first off, I just wanna start off this post by saying I know this is a marijuana forum and that discussion is for marijuana but this also ties in with another drug(s) that i wont mention for sake of keeping this post.
    \nIf you could, do not comment your opinion on my other drug use, please.
    \nTHIS TOPIC IS WEED RELATED: there is no mention of any other specific drug.
    \n\nSo, I recently took a trip to an island for spring break and I had accidentally booked my trip for the week after my spring break (i know, smart move). So, on this trip, it was a Tuesday and I had taken an upper as well as drinking alcohol everyday since Sunday (the start of the trip). I smoked one day and took the upper only night.
    \nMy trip went until thursday and I had drank everyday heavily from sunday to wednesday. 
    \nThe trip was fantastic and I had an amazing time.
    \nSaturday I came back to school and drank that night heavily also.
    \nSunday I woke up and since I had missed a week of school I had to make up on several classes' missed work. I studied for 13 straight hours 2pm to 4am and took a midterm that I had to make up, today.
    \nYesterday, I smoked at about 115pm and had started my work at around 2pm and at around 330pm to 4pm my heart felt like it was fluttering, as if I had an irregular heartbeat. I jumped up and ran to the sink and paced around.
    \nMy heart started to have palpitations and I had to breath and think my way out of an anxiety attack. I managed and went back to work. Later, after my dinner break, I started feeling the same feeling at around 1030pm, this time I was not high. I jumped up and ran to the sink and then ran to my friend's room and asked him to check my pulse. He told me it was fast but that was because of the anxiety.
    \nNo irregular beat or flutter.
    \nI continued studying and finished at 330-4am and went to bed. Woke up at 815 to continue and after my midterm I smoked at around 130pm today. my friend left and I immediately started freaking out and my chest started getting the same feeling and went over to my friends house where I talked to her boyfriend and her about what was going on and told them about my trip to relieve stress. I managed and then later that day called my mom and told her.
    \nShe told me to keep track of the feeling and we'll see a doctor if it persists.
    \nIf anyone has any insight here that they could give it'd be much appreciated. I've been told I could be seriously worn out from partying non-stop, no sleep, drinking heavily, smoking and doing so much cramming. 
    \nI am going to stop smoking until this anxiety subsides.
    \nWhat should I do? thank you and I'm sorry for such a long post.

2. i feel this is important for you so i am bumping this. Sometimes people feel bad or have anxiety on their first time. was it your first time? i don't think you specified.. the alcohol may have had bad collateral with the weed, and weed reacts different for everyone so it could have not been the alcohol. Very high heart rate is normal. don't think about that, you wont die no one ever has, as far as the anxiety i feel it's from your worrying about your heart, and it truly is fine. you gotta chill out..

3. Speed will contribute to an irregular heartbeat. I notice that if I drink excessive amounts of caffeine the morning before a session that I have higher odds of feeling my heart skip a beat so to say. It definitely happens to me but I figure its just normal every once in a while. Especially when you tax your body harder than normal. I'd still bring it up with a doctor if I were you. Anything to do with your circulatory system is important to mention to a physician

4. I am EXTREMELY educated about this topic so read my reply in its entirety. First off, what you're experiencing are called PVC's. Pre-ventricular contractions. In short, this is where your heart beats two times in quick succession which can be described as a flutter or as if your heart is "skipping" a beat. Heart palpitations is the generic term for what you're experiencing. Overall, marijuana has not had had a direct relationship with Palpitations and or PVC'S but they seem to often be associated. I have good news for you, they are BENIGN. Meaning they are just a nuisance and are not to be worried about. I had this same issue when I smoked 13 joints and 4 bong bowls on April 20th last year and I even went to a cardiologist. He said PVC's are not a heart valve problem so they are not worrisome. HOWEVER, READ THIS CAREFULLY: if you faint, have multiple flutters in a row, or have severe chest pain, then it is time to see the doc. I hope this helped. Questions comments concerns please feel free to send me a PM. Best of luck and just remember, money doesn't buy life so health is your ultimate value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app