Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Health question about the Green God

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rootie, Jul 26, 2002.

1. I was diagnoised with Pancreanotics disease at the age of 36. The tube leaving my stomach was about a 1/4 the size as a normal persons and it went right through my Pancrease rather then along side as a normal persons. In 36 years I ruined my stomach and had to under go 2 major surgery's that left me in the hospital for 47 days. Anyone who has ever been in the hospital can vouch for me when I say, I was nearly insane when I left there.
    What they ended up doing to me in these two surgeries is they removed nearly all of my stomach to get the muscle back after stretching it out over 6 times the size of a normal persons for 36 years. They also removed or fixed the following: Rupture, hernia, Appendix, Spleen, Gall Bladder and part of my intestines. They operated a total of 14 hours in the two surgeries and because of the scare tissue they removed anything I may have a problem with later. I used to be 5'11" 180lbs and was in very good shape for someone who was so sick. I was badly mistreated at a local clinic and put up with throwing up and constent heart burn and reflux for the better part of my life. I now feel like a totally different person but my physical ability is much less. I have a problem with eating. I know a lot of you who read this would love to have this problem but the thought of starving to death is something I live with every day. I only weigh 130 lbs and I have to get high to eat. I have never been into the drug scene but I can honestly say that I think I would have starved to death and had to sell my business. I am working full time but I have to smoke weed to get hungry. Does anyone have any other ideas that I can have to get hungry or make myself want to eat? I feel like I am half the man I used to be and with that comes depression. I would love to stop smoking pot but its the only thing that helps for the naseua and need for food. I read things all the time about the legalization of Marijuana. I hate the fact that I am breaking the law but my doctor is also my family's best friend so I am afraid that if I asked him to make me legal that he would get in trouble and he would tell my family. I know that he can't legally and I am sure he wouldn't but he would ask me if he could. We are close and I am sure that my father would not like it one bit. My wife knows now and so does my son who is 18. I have a son who is 8 and I have told him nothing about smoking grass. I hate the fact that I have to hide it from him but I feel he is to young to understand. I love the feeling and I am a productive person in life. I would greatly appreciate any input anyone could share. I am thank full for being alive but I long for a normal life. For now its just me and my green eyed lady.
    Thanks

Rootie

2. First of all I'd like to say WOW you are truly a survivor in life. Being sick like that, and having to go through all those hospital stays & surgery must have been very difficult, and your constant battle must be very frustrating. Keep your hope alive though! You are living, and have found a possibly temporary solution to your problem. Marijuana, contrary to the US Government's beleif, DOES have medicinal benefits, and I am glad you have found that it allows you to be hungry. It may not be the perfect resolution but it's working for now!

Have you discussed Marinol with your doctor at all? It's synthetic THC, which is, I believe, somewhat more legal than the actual herb itself. Remember ~ your relationship with your doctor is supposed to be CONFIDENTIAL, so if you are worried about relatives/associates finding out about this, you CAN request him to keep your questions/conversations private by ALL MEANS. BY LAW he HAS to comply.

If you are close to your doctor I would imagine that would be a positive aspect, as you know him and can confide in him a little better than, say, a complete stranger. Plus your doctor knows who YOU are and probably has a good idea that you're not looking for an escape, but for releif from your discomfort. If he can't legally prescribe the herb, he may have an alternative, like marinol or whatnot, that may help. I doubt he'd prescribe it if it is illegal, and if it IS legal in your state, then there are plenty of laws protecting him from getting in trouble for prescribing it. Also, many states ARE legalizing marijuana for medicinal use, so it may not be too long before your state does if it hasn't yet.

One more thing: Have you considered trying to ingest your pot? It's tricky, but not too difficult to bake your pot into your food, and if you haven't tried it it's a little more of a body stone than a head stone and might help you with your appetite without muddling your head too much. Plus you won't have to worry about billowing clouds of rank smoke coming out from under your bedroom door. If you'd like more info on how to cook with it PM me, and I can help ya.

Best of wishes in your life and touch base here and let us know how you are doing!
    xo~

3. Thank you so much for taking the time to post on the thread. I have considered the pills but someone told me that you don't get the hunger you get when you smoke it. They say its a totally different high as you have said and I am very happy with the way I am taking it now its just so hard because it is illegal. I feel the Marijuana is keeping me alive and sane. I am sure my doctor would keep things quiet but you need to understand that he is a great friend to our entire family. My medical condition is not changing and I am holding my own. The problem with smoking grass is it can be hard to come by and where to get it is not an easy task for me. I also know that as long as I have under an ounce its just a misdeamenor. The problem for me is I have a perfect record and I have never been in any trouble. Law enforcement was my friend and I have also been through the post academy. Now the local cops all just look at me and they don't treat me the same. I am sure they all know I am using grass and I wish that more people would understand that its helping me be a good father and a good husband. I will do whatever it takes to see my 8 year old grow up. People really need to take the time to understand this drug. Granted the high is great but when it comes to starving to death anyone of you would do the same thing. I thank you so much for responding and I appreciate your insight. Thanks. Rootie