Health Insurance DT??

Discussion in 'General' started by redchrons, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Well, if any of you have gotten health insurance coverage after you turned say 16 did you have to get DTed?

Background:

My step-dad lost his job few months ago and his healthcare with it. Now at his new job they aren't giving him healthcare just yet so we are getting it ourselves (I'm helping my parents out as well for paying for it) and right now my mom is doing all the talking but this just jumped into my head....Would I have to get DTed? I know a physical is likely but would they drug test me, and if they did and found THC would they just bill us differently or would they flat out reject coverage for our family just because of me?

I have some time and haven't smoked since last Friday, this weekend I might be picking up finally but obviously I won't if I realize I might have to get DTed.

So to those of you who pay for your own insurance or however you get it, did you get DTed before?:smoking:

2. No...you don't get drug tested...sometimes they do an AIDS test, but they will ask first...only other things they check is your blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol...check for diabetes and what not....just like a routine full physical....your rates will depend on how healthy you are, so that's why they do it....also, some insurances may do a nicotine test, but they have to inform you of that too...naturally your rates would be higher if you're a smoker