Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Health effects?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vuchato, Sep 26, 2009.

1. OK so recently I've been looking more into the health problems from marijuana, mainly on Erowid, and, correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems to me that there may not be any problems at all.

An often mentioned problem is how it kills brain cells or causes short term memory loss, but the studies that showed those results were shown to be rigged, and other studies have shown that it is false.

We all know marijuana has never killed anyone, been linked to cancer, or anything, and may help with a lot of problems.

But the fallback of many people is that getting any kind of smoke into your lungs is a problem. Now, not only can that be avoided with edibles, but it may not even be true.

"Studies even show that due to marijuana's ability to clear
    the lungs of smog, pollutants, and cigarette smoke, it may
    actually reduce your risk of emphysema, bronchitis, and lung
    cancer. Smokers of cannabis have been shown to outlive non-
    smokers in some areas by up to two years. Medium to heavy
    tobacco smokers will live seven to ten years longer if they also
    smoke marijuana. "

So, am I just lying to myself, or is there really no health drawbacks from marijuana?

2. There are barely any. I think the worst health drawback is actually the fact that you are inhaling heated plant matter, nothing to do with the fact that it's a drug. So you could be technically smoking a leaf of a tree? LOL.

I think I may have read something oneday that said that if you have underlying medical conditions such as schizophrenia, weed COULD help bring that schizophrenia out, not give you schizophrenia but bring it out if you already have it. (correct me if i am wrong please)

3. Ya i also heard ^this. It seems like there are less physical effects related to weed than there are psychological disorders. From what i have read, paranoia and schizophrenia top the list. But they aren't necessarily proven, and most cases have been recorded after long term frequent use.

4. Just wanted to touch base on this comment: It is now proven that Marijuana is not linked to mental illness such as paranoia and schizophrenia. If you look on normal or Google schizophrenia and the effects of Marijuana the new study can be found.

5. Watch these two movies:
    The union:The business behind getting high.
    And
    The Rick Simpson story-Run from the cure

You can find the first one on google video and on DVD online, and the other you can find in parts on youtube.

There are really not any serious health effects. Cigarette smokers who also smoke cannabis have a slightly lower change of developing cancer.
    The only real concern is the SMOKE(the burnt plant matter entering your lungs), but many people do not know of the healthy alternativs like Vaporizing and making edibles[marijuana food].