Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Health Effects of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jevonsp, Mar 20, 2013.

1. My psychologist says that marijuana is extremely bad for me physically and mentally. He insists on the carcinogens being much higher than cigarettes even though no one has ever gotten lung cancer from it. He also says it has a very negative effect on my mental health, though I disagree.

Can anyone give me some real studies that were clinically performed that would refute these claims? Thanks.

2. Tons...Don't have them with me at the moment, might I recommend Google.

Or Granny, Granny has a bomb ass list of shit in her sig (Stormcrow is her name I believe).

I can tell you that it does aggravate certain conditions, such as schizophrenia or other mental issues akin to that. However it is really hardly negative unless you're batshit crazy.

You're not batshit crazy, are ya, man?:cool:

3. tell him you vape, what now?

4. ***** *****
    *****! Smoke pott!! Son

5. #6 piepgras, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    Here you go:
    No increase in carcinogen-DNA adducts in the lungs of monkeys exposed chronically to marijuana smoke.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1488780

Marijuana Smoking Found Non-Carcinogenic
    ATS: Marijuana Smoking Found Non-Carcinogenic

NTP Technical Report on the Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of 1-Trans-Delta9-Tetrahyrdocannabinol (CAS No. 1972-08-3) in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Gavage Studies)
    http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/hemp/Trans-Delta Report.pdf

Hypothesizing that marijuana smokers are at a significantly lower risk of carcinogenicity relative to tobacco-non-marijuana smokers: evidenced based on statistical reevaluation of current literature.
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Hypot...s+are+at+a+significantly+lower...-a0196052086

6. You will only get the health benefits if your weed is dank not mids or regs

7. Also, I think you should find another psychologist :p

8. Let's go "whole hog" with him! Get the current, 2013 Granny's List! See the bottom of my sig for my email. Email me and I will send you PDF with over 1000 pages of links, all nicely sorted into categories like "CANCER- LUNG" that is chock-full of goodies like -

[FONT=&quot]Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic. (full - 2005) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic[/FONT]

Marijuana Use and the Risk of Lung and Upper Aerodigestive Tract Cancers: Results of a Population-Based Case-Control Study (full - 2006) http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/15/10/1829.full

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. (abst – 2008) Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial gro... [Oncogene. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

[FONT=&quot]Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. (abst – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and m... [FASEB J. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

COX-2 and PPAR-γ Confer Cannabidiol-Induced Apoptosis of Human Lung Cancer Cells. (abst – 2013) COX-2 and PPAR-

(FYI, the ID-1 gene is found in several aggressive cancers, not just breast cancer.)

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. ​
    (full - 2007) Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

Now a lot of those have easy-reading news articles like this for the ID-1 cancers-

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate [/FONT]

(Not all hotmail accounts can handle the List! :( Yahoo & Gmail work fine! :hello:)

Granny :wave:

9. Thanks guys! These look perfect.

10. Psychologists are paid to tell you that.

11. I'm bipolar and have OCD and anxiety and weed has helped me more than I can imagine any pills could.

If everyone with a psychological disorder would smoke weed then the pharmaceutical companies and the psychologists wouldn't make money, that's my take on it.

12. Damn Granny, you always show up in threads like these and drop info bombs every time. You doin good work!

13. I wouldn't go that far.

I've seen some crazy people try weed and only become more crazy.:cool:

14. What? Lol. I've smoked mids that still relieve my depression.

15. Ok
    Lol

16. Yeah don't know what's funny about that.

17. I've got PTSD, BPD, Depression, Anxiety and Insomnia and I'm worse off when I'm sober. Being stoned helps me more than the anti-depressants the doctor's got me on - which doesn't even help my anxiety or insomnia - and he's annoyed that I'm even smoking still. I say a big fuck him. Yes, I continue with my medication, but only because I'm more sober than not right now due to having no solid dealer :l

18. I feel it blade, shit happens. :smoking:

19. :hello:

Links please.