Health class, why

Discussion in 'General' started by TheRealMcgee, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Today in class we had to do a in depth presentation drugs, everyone had be doing theirs on hard drugs except for the last one. A overweight kid who sits around all day eating chips and playing whatever videos games he plays was going on about how devilish, evil and vile weed is. He said it killed brain cells, causes cancer and makes you a "useless lazy bum". At the end of his presentation he said "just look at ______ (me), dont want to end up like that burnout". This made me quite mad, because im in shape, passing every class im in and not a "useless bum". And the teacher was completely ok with this statement because she dislikes me because i do openely smoke. I stood up and told him how it was, that everything he said was false and that it does not make you useless or lazy and pointed out how he was overweight and called him fat. I got a 3 day suspension for saying that, and am missing many important classes due to this.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out of my system.

2. good job bro you told him

3. Apparently speaking your mind is frowned upon these days..

4. I took health class in 10th grade.

5. [quote name='"ChillinOnRoofs"']Apparently speaking your mind is frowned upon these days..[/quote]

I guess so, i wonder if anybody else have had experiences like this.

6. [quote name='"Malakiarat"']I took health class in 10th grade.[/quote]

We have health in 12th grade here.

7. #7 Americandutchyz, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    keep on fighting the good fight broseph! GREEN POWER!

and I woulda slapped the shit outta that kid...props for the self restraint!

8. There has been times where I've completely told people off and proved them wrong about weed, but I've never been punished for it.

9. [quote name='"ChillinOnRoofs"']

There has been times where I've completely told people off and proved them wrong about weed, but I've never been punished for it.[/quote]

I think its more because i called him "fat" but still.

10. When I was in health the teacher brought in a pharmacist to warn us about the evils of cannabis. That was before I started toking, I didn't realize that everything he said was a load of horse shit.

Props to you for sticking up for yourself. Hopefully you got your point across in a respectful and eloquent way.

11. Well your first mistake was being open about your smoking

12. Why? Are you ashamed or embarrassed about it? I'm proud to be a stoner lol

13. You could have explained it in a more intelligent, thought out way. Resorting to name calling doesn't get anyone anywhere, look at the "fat" kid. You're better than that, and there is no reason to stoop to that level. As a high school pot smoker it's your duty to show the world that marijuana is a safe substance. Not only a safe drug, but a drug that enhances the quality of life of the user, and brings about many positive character attributes.

Less hate, less ignorance. More peace, more knowledge, more honesty.

14. [quote name='"Malakiarat"']

You could have explained it in a more intelligent, thought out way. Resorting to name calling doesn't get anyone anywhere, look at the "fat" kid. You're better than that, and there is no reason to stoop to that level. As a high school pot smoker it's your duty to show the world that marijuana is a safe substance. Not only a safe drug, but a drug that enhances the quality of life of the user, and brings about many positive character attributes.

Less hate, less ignorance. More peace, more knowledge, more honesty.[/quote]

Yes i realized now that saying that was really wrong. And i do try to inform my class about marijuana, and thats why everybody else did their projects on hard drugs. Im just tired of being considered a second class citizen for smoking. Its the same as homophobia or racism, but accepted by the general public because somebody deemed weed "wrong".

15. it's pretty shitty of him to do that but it's not like calling him fat was going to solve anything lol. if you really want to show him up then get good grades and become his boss in the future.

16. Same here and we had a hot ass teacher. Had like B cups then got upgraded to c's and left a few years later cause of all the rumors about her. But she was fine and her sister the english teacher was even hotter and she was pushing 6ft. Good genes in that family

17. Start posting flyers of how marijuana is infact a good drug, medical purposes, common myths debunked, an even how hemp would be very beneficial to the environment.

Who knows what this may lead to, but be sneaky, be swift, be quick, and make sure your lit.

18. No I'm not ashamed but I don't think it's in his best interest if he went around his school telling everybody he smokes weed, keep that on the dl.

19. #19 Storm Crow, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    When it is time to do that paper on MMJ, may I strongly suggest that you click that first link in my sig? I have all the research here for one heck of a paper! [​IMG] but for the latest version of my List (almost twice as long as GC's [​IMG] ) drop me an email- see the bottom of my sig.

And for fun (if you have a spare $10), sit the fat dude in front of a computer and bet him $10 he can't read all of the titles in my List! You may lose the $10, but he won't be able to think of cannabis in quite the same way ever again!

Since I send my big List as a PDF attachment, it is super-easy to share with all your friends- just forward the email! Imagine all the tokers in class turning in these heavily documented, cutting-edge science, pro-cannabis papers! [​IMG] lol

The school won't be able to say anything about you guys using medical studies from PubMed and medical journals! But my List also has news articles about many of the studies. These can be used like Cliffsnotes- an easy version of a study! [​IMG]

So, you read the news article, then skim the study and maybe grab a quote from the abstract or conclusions. You end up looking like a total brain!

Now about that kid's claims, you may find it to be amusing to present him with a "few" studies from my list...just to further his education, you understand! [​IMG]

May I suggest these to start with-

"He said it killed brain cells" (neurogenesis- new brain cells forming)

Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects (full - 2005) JCI - Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects

High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats (news – 2005)
    High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood (news - 2005) Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood

Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain (news – 2005)
    Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist

The endocannabinoid system and neurogenesis in health and disease. (abst - 2007)
    The endocannabinoid system and neurogenesis i... [Neuroscientist. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoids attenuate the effects of aging upon neuroinflammation and neurogenesis. (Pot slows brain aging! [​IMG] )

(abst – 2009) Cannabinoids attenuate the effects of aging up... [Neurobiol Dis. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid receptor CB1 mediates baseline and activity-induced survival of new neurons in adult hippocampal neurogenesis (full - 2010)
    Cannabinoid receptor CB1 mediates baseline and activity-induced survival of new neurons in adult hippocampal neurogenesis

Cannabidiol Reduces Aβ-Induced Neuroinflammation and Promotes Hippocampal Neurogenesis through PPARγ Involvement (full – 2011) Cannabidiol Reduces A

causes cancer ...

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer through Cdc2 Regulation (full - 2006) ÃŽ”9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer Cells through Cdc2 Regulation

Cannabinoids As Cancer Hope (article - 2006) NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum/forniceal pilocytic astrocytomas-possible role of Cannabis inhalation. (abst – 2011) Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum... [Childs Nerv Syst. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression
    (news - 2010)
    Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression, Study Says | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. (abst – 2008) Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial gro... [Oncogene. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Decrease of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 may contribute to the anti-invasive action of cannabidiol on human lung cancer cells. (abst - 2010) Decrease of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 may ... [Pharm Res. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1. (abst - 2010) Cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion ... [Biochem Pharmacol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Medical Marijuana; The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University. (news – 2010) Free News, Magazines, Newspapers, Journals, Reference Articles and Classic Books - Free Online Library

and makes you a "useless lazy bum".....

Just like Barack Obama, Al Gore, John Edwards, Michael Bloomberg, Newt Gingrich, Evalyn Murphy, Sarah Palin, Woody Harrelson, Megan Fox, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Jennifer Aniston, James Franco, Cameron Diaz, Snoop Dogg, Willie Nelson, John Mayer, Jimmy Buffet, JayZ, Chris Rock, David Chappelle, Steve Martin, Sarah Silverman, Ricky Williams, Michael Phelps, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Rasheed Wallace, Allen Iverson, and Charles Oakley.

Useless lazy bums, one and all! [​IMG]

Read the studies in my List! Cannabis, at least, SLOWS (cures?) cancer, may prevent the depositing of amyloid plaque (cause of Alzheimer's) and can tell your body to REMOVE amyloid plaque! [​IMG] Our digestive systems won't be ravaged by Crohns' or IBS. We are less likely to go blind or have amputations due to the complications of diabetes! (I could go on, but I won't.)

All in all, cannabis users should live longer than average as long as we take care of our lungs [​IMG] and watch our diets! Isn't that a pretty good revenge? [​IMG]

And get everyone taking Omega 3! After a month or two of use, you start getting higher! (Just trust me on this or this post REALLY gets long!) Omega 3 also has major health benefits, so it is a total Win-Win situation!

Granny [​IMG]

20. [quote name='"Pass the dr0"']

No I'm not ashamed but I don't think it's in his best interest if he went around his school telling everybody he smokes weed, keep that on the dl.[/quote]

By open i mean if somebody asks me if i smoke, i wouldnt be afraid to tell them. Not like im running around telling people i smoke haha!