Healing Teeth Through Diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by craig7, Jul 1, 2014.

1. just wondering if anyone here has ever tried to heal their teeth by changing their diet. basically this dentist waay back in the 30's Weston Price found that people in other countries with more traditional diets don't have the same health and dental issues that people with our western processed crap diets have and apparently eating the right diet can actually repair your teeth. 

so my teeth are bad. I'm 18, they told me as a kid this would happen if i didnt brush my teeth, they were right. so now my teeth are all rotten and falling apart and i imagine it would cost me something like the price of nice new car to get them all fixed so yeah... not happening. maxed out my dental coverage for the year on 1 root canal already. it really feels like it's too late but basically my only other option is to keep brushing them every day while they continue to get worse. 

anyone on here ever tried this? i'd love to hear how it went and get some diet ideas

stop eating processed foods of any type.
    stop eating anything with corn syrup or artificial sweeteners in it
    stop eating sugary foods, eat fruit/honey/dates instead for sweets
    always rinse mouth well with water before bed, and when you wake at night before returning to sleep
    use a waterpik, brush, and floss several times a day

all that..while you get used to the idea of wearing dentures or the high cost for getting lots of crowns (and saving money up)

medications for autoimmune disorders are known to cause massive dental damage from the dry mouth and lack of immunities the drugs cause (system no longer fights the germs near the gums)...in case you use them, do talk to your doc and dentist about it.

good luck, don't fret about the teeth..just plan ahead and fix the issue as best you can :bongin:

3. #3 btsmpwidm, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    I feel you, man. Basically I was told I need a root canal on one of my molars or whatever, but that was like 6 years ago. Rofl, Jesus, when I have money, I'm having all my teeth removed and replaced with implants.

Anyways, sorry.. To my point. I've been oil pulling for the past couple weeks, which is basically where you swish with (preferably) coconut oil for like 20 minutes. My teeth are much much whiter, my hot/cold sensitivity in my front teeth are gone, and I don't grind my teeth as much..

As for the tooth that needs a root canal, well, I can't tell you if it's healed, I don't think it's possible to heal a tooth with a one or more roots that are dead or dying, but I hope and pray it is, because you and I bolth know root canals are expensive as shit.

4. OP, your particular situation sounds pretty bad. 

i'm sure you can slow down and possibly reverse some of the damage (you can certainly try many of the methods, like oil pulling and improved diet)... but sounds like you'll still need to pay your dentist a few visits. 

http://nourishingjoy.com/10-reasons-to-eat-more-fermented-and-cultured-foods/

The way our teeth have been engineered is an evolutionary failure!

6. No juice! Especially citrus. That's what started destroying my teeth. Also there are flouride rinses and capsules you can do, along with rinses to strengthen enamel. I'd definitely get an electric toothbrush if you don't already have one, and a waterpik is a good idea.
    In regards to the dentist.
    In my area about once a year there are free dentists. It sounds really sketchy. But they're real dentists and trying to help people. They set up at expo centers for a couple of days at each location, hundreds of people go. Here are some links. They don't do cosmetic work, but will do root canals etc.

http://www.freedentistryday.org/dates.cfm
    http://www.dentistryiq.com/articles/2013/09/less-fortunate-benefit-from-free-dental-services.html