Headshops in Wilmington, NC

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Adan, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Hey i was wondering if anyone knew of some good headshops down in wilmington, nc.

Im from about an hour north and its pretty barren up here so i must make the venture down to wilmington in search of some good pieces.

2. Def check out Expressions. I have gotten all my pieces there. They have a nice selection and are friendly.

Expressions In Wilmington
    419 S College Rd # 39
    Wilmington, NC 28403
    (910) 793-0203:smoke:

3. thanks man, ill be sure to check it out. How are the prices and stuff? im guessing it has to be pretty cheap since its close to the college

4. I would have to disagree about expressions. They are certainly the best in wilmington but that is because they are the only place in wilmington. I think they are over priced and the last time i was there and asked why they dont carry any SYN the woman told me it was because SYN stopped blowing which is not the case.

Depending on where you are you might want to go to raleigh or charlotte if its not that much further. I know raleigh has a few really nice shops that carry a better selection of high end glass than expressions.

But that being said I would still say its worth it just because youre not that far away and you can make a day trip out of it and eat downtown.

5. just something i noticed - all of us are from nc and have 55 posts haha (minus this one)

Thanks for the info about expressions, im going up to state for college and i've been to a few headshops around campus/that area.

I'll be checking out expressions tomorrow and ill post what/if i buy anything.

You guys wouldn't know where to get some good ass weed would you? :p haha :smoke:

6. Boone has several selections of headshops,

-Expressions: new market center (lots of china glass cheap, but also some RooRs and illadelph, medicali, LW, SGW, HVY, lots of nice brands but expect to pay the price)

-The Bead Box: Downtown Boone (all local blown highly crafted expensive pieces of art ranging from one hitters, to smal-large spoons bubblers heady bubblers, everything you can imagine. also a small selection of kick ass localy blown bongs.)

- High Country Glass Studios: Downtown Boone ( this shop is dope and my fav by far its under ground, they have regular boring glass blown stuff rich people but in the front, and in the back they have an awsome selection of bowls bubblers chillums one hitters, tons of local blown shit, tons of SYN and Medicali bongs and bubbers, also they have formula 420 for the cheapest price)

7. SYN did stop blowing.... in NC at least, they sold out to some co. in florida that now makes SYN tubes... and they suck. the headshops in Boone still have lots of origional NC blown SYN pieces including rasta label showerheads, and 15-arm perc tubes that are verry rare around the glass connoisseur world. Boone is where its at :smoke:

8. i ended up buying a bong from expressions today, im going to post a review but later...

dro+new bong = :smoking:

9. well i stand corrected, I apologize to the women for questioning her.

10. Definatly check out Altheas Attic off eastwood. Just picked up a SYN showerhead from there and i love it already haha:bongin:

11. FTW we all repping wilmiNgton!
    Expressions, I am quite fond of. Athenas attic is okaaaay, but most of their pieces are local. Which usually means two things; lower prices, lower quality, in some cases.
    I would def recommend expressions. I go there weekly as it is in close proximatey to taco bell ^_^. Most of the staff there are nice and will be more than happy to help you out. Prices are fair? Not super low but definetly not jacked the shit up. Good quality too, I am so buying the Illadelph custom with electro plating in a few milleniums :p

12. Registered to rep Far Out in downtown wilmington. They have by far the largest selection of local glass in town at really good prices.

13. Expressions is decent, Far Out is by far better, no pun intended.

Expressions is conveniently located right outside UNCW which is why more of us go there, we're too lazy to go downtown. Just kidding but Far Out is a bit more trouble to go to from the college at least...ok because I'm lazy.

However you're going to State...common use your brain you have UNC right there. Chapel Hill is the hippy section of the triangle. There is a Expressions right on UNC campus as well as a Hazmat. I'd recomment Expressions in that case because Hazmat has cheaper glass-ware...but lower quality as well.

Either way, good bud outside Chapel Hill, not as accessibly to college students as to the artsy community. I'm into the film community up there and underground arts so home-grown is sometimes around (good, not crappy) and all dank.

But we get alot more than just pot =)

Pot's ok though, but those are my suggestions, I don't primarily smoke bud out of my pipes, but it's all good.

Peace

14. The best place is outside of wilmington in castle hayne cheap affordable and high quality glass pipes just bought a 5 inch sidecar bubbler from there for $35 wicked inside out but it called fabulous finds next to the gas stations

15. Altheas attic kills expressions. They literally have the most Sheldon Black I have ever seen in a head shop.

16. Tobacco World near the mall is great!

17. There's an expressions near almost every UNC system school, most headshops in NC are pretty bad. Only one I know of that carries anything that's actually high end is One Love in Charlotte.

18. I have to disagree with you on Altheas Attic, at least with SYN glass they are way overpriced. Don't get me wrong their a great shop and I love their sister shop in Raleigh (kitsch). But you can go to Aqua Lab Tech(the website) and get the same glass for a few hundred cheaper.