Headshops in Chicago!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by henro, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Greetings stoners

So all you chicago based tokers out there... what are your favorite headshops (as far as prices, inventory, etc.) and which ones tend to card more than others?

Thanks dudes:wave:

2. The majority of my collection i have bought from headshops has been from secrets. I think out of all the shops in the belmont area secrets has some of the best inventory. All the others are ran by indians that know nothing about glass, except for the fact that they can rip off dumb buyers. Also secrets automatically gives you a 20% discount on everything you buy. (unless its a super sick custom or something) But as for the carding goes, im pretty sure they all card when you actually buy something, or if you ask to see something closer off the shelf. But as for just walking in and looking, they never card unless you look like your 12 or something :p. All in all, Secrets is the way to go :hello:

3. Do a search too. There are plenty of threads with great info on Chi shops. I like Secrets. And the one across the street from it ran by some Indian thugs. You can't really go wrong if you wander...there are like 20 shops :eek:

4. all about it in mchenry

5. I plan on hitting up Secrets for the first time tomorrow.

6. I've been to and or called 90% of the headshops in chicago, they dont have the best glass. Secrets isn't really high end cept for the few fatheads they have. I'd go to secrets if your looking for MGW, but if you want high end glass, or heady glass such as freek, ghost, el hefe, and other artists like that you need to go outside of chicago. The best scott deppe collection you'll ever see is at Headventure in Crest Hill. And they have a few sheldons and Toro's. If you want really high end glass such as 4.0 and a huge collection of freek, ghost, Alex-k, pakoh, and many more artists go to All About It in Mchenry. Those are the two best that i've been to.

7. I'm not much of a connoisseur, but I just window shopped around belmont/clark and found a perfect piece.

8. Headventure in Crest Hill, All About It in McHenry County, and Made Chicago on the south side for heady glass. Secrets can suck my dick all the workers there are cocky assholes who don't know shit.

9. #9 StuGrimson23, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Just noticed Secrets has a 30% off all Sheldon Black sign in there window. FYI, Burnies across the street is the same owner. They stock a bit lower end stuff. I've seen them card at both places many times, "18 or 80, gotta have ID", especially if the owner is around. He also owns Igors Dungeon on Belmont. They have a case with nice pipes amongst every sex toy ever made. The chick working there is pretty cool and very helpful.

The other three, Pipesandstuff, Novelties, and Smokers something(the one farthest north, next to JimmyJohns) are all owned by the same guy. I tend to stay away from Pipesandstuff (the one just south of Belmont) because the lady that works there is useless and usually is talking very loud on the phone while leaning back in her chair. Look for the shorter, white haired guy (owner), he will deal. I've seen him in all three stores, but mostly in Novelties. As far as carding, the store farthest north (next to jimmyjohns) is probably the most liberal about carding.

The Alley sells pipes and a few bongs, bubblers. Best place for a cheap standard glass pipe. They always card. I generally don't shop there because the girl who works the counter is a malignant piece of shit. The one with 15 different hair colors, heavyset and 4lbs of metal in her face gets visibly upset if you ask to see something or if she has to move. I have bought a few pieces at their sister store, The Blue Havana Cigar shop, on Belmont. They have a small display of pipes and a few bubs. The girl who works there is cool. They also sell their empty Cigar boxes. They make great stash boxes and are priced $4.00 up to $14 for the limited edition boxes.

I personally like Amigos and Us. Amigos and Us - A Hippy Boutique and Gift Shop, the owner is an old school hippie and very cool. And a huge Cubs fan. I've been going to his shop since his former location. I had my first apartment around the corner and it was my go to store. They have a nice little selection of locally blown glass pipes.

I've also been to Smoke Dreams in Uptown (on Broadway, south of Wilson). Kinda weak selection. Kinda pricey. Nothing to write home about.

Sorry for rambling, good Sativa.

10. There used to be a pretty good one like a block or two away from the United Center .