Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Headshop

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lloollaa, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Is it just a big no no to ask for goods in a headshop?
    If not, how do you ask?
    Signed, Clueless.

2. if you know the people who work at the head shop its not a big deal.. but if they dont know who you are they probably would not appreciate it. If I were you I'd ask where I can buy the "tobacco" to use in my bong/pipe/other paraphernalia you just bought. Be very careful though.

3. reminds me of a letter someone would send to mr rogers for advice with the "Signed, Clueless" if by goods you mean herbs do not do it they can deffinately be shut down for things like that

4. I guess it may depend on where you live. Where I live they would freak out if you asked them because the rules are so strict. First time I went to my local headshop I asked how much a certain bong was and they flipped out. "It's not a BONG, it's a waterpipe."

5. yeah there's no way you could ask in a headshop around here either:p

you'd probably be better off asking the customers outside

6. Yeah you should never ask for weed in a head shop. but for me, the first time I went to purple east, my local headshop, another customer, who always is in there, I guess, pulled out a sac and traded it for a bong, then ripped the bong right outside the door with the guy behind the counter.

And, I knew not to say bong, so I was like, "Hey, you have any waterpipes in here under $50?"

"What?"

"Waterpipes."

"Oh! You mean bongs!!!" he says.

My headshop must be pretty chill.

7. The guy who owns my local one is so chill. I first went in there when i was 16 (18 now, chill..) and i asked if i needed ID to buy shit. It was only me and him in the place btw. And he just said "swear you're not a cop?", i said yeah, and he's like "i need the money, you can buy it". And he's nevver mentioned it since.

And yeah, i got to know him, i was really quiet the first few times in there cuz i didn't want to say something like "bong" or w/e, but i finally asked if i could talk openly about what this shit is for and he's like "dude, i know you smoke weed. no one uses tobacco in these things". Took me in the back. Had around 2 lbs of various strains around. Never seen so much green. He's been my fav. hookup ever since. Something about sitting in the back room of a headshop smoking weed with the owner is just awesome.

My advice is the first time you mention weed, try to do it when no one else is in there. and causually refer to it. He'll either tell you to not mention that shit again, or get excited and start talking about the shit he gets. You can usually tell ahead of time if he's chill or not.

8. Thanks everyone. It's helpful.
    So if I shouldn't ask for goods (or at least be VERY discreet about it), it is also in bad taste to ask for a referral?

9. I would never ask the people working in there. Just ask another customer you see buying a piece if you want

10. Any mention of illegal activity will get you thrown out instantly in pretty much all the headshops I've been to.