Headphones!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by motioncity1123, Oct 27, 2009.

1. What are some great headphones? I want cool designs and great quality!

Any info would be wonderful!

thanks,

motioncity

2. I work with a lot of rap artists and these are recommended by them to me...

Sony MDR-V700 (better than the dre's and they cost less)

or

Bose In Ear (the hardest in ear headphones you'll ever have, I use these almost 24/7 and have about 3 pairs)

3. I got the Sennheiser HD-280 and they are great. I where them while im playing my drums and I can hear my drums just enough with the music. and they are really comfy too.

4. i use Sennheiser HD-650s and they're amazing. any types of sennheisers are usually great

5. Great choice, GrahamPhisher!

I've got the Sony MDR-7506 because I have a fat head, and they fit better.

6. Get some buds...(pun intended)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/JBuds-Hi-Fi-Noise-Reducing-Buds-Black/dp/B000IG66VS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256619657&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black): Electronics[/ame]

Cheap and decent sound quality condisering the size. For portable I'm not as picky as I get with home theater gear.

7. I have these too, they sound amazing. But if you get them, the first thing you should do is reallllly stretch them out otherwise they clamp the fuck outta your head. Also, they don't work with my ipod (makes it keep pausing) but it works with everything else (more than a year so far) maybe my ipod can't power it all?:confused:

8. personaly i cant stand ear buds they hurt my ears
    as for portability head phones fit around your neck perfectly

mine are sony mdr-v150
    i had to get up and check

9. Over ear headphones definitely sound better than ear bud headphones. I cant stand to listen to music in my ear buds ever since I've heard my friend's skullcandy over ear headphones.

10. my bro got me some headphones for my b-day a yaer or two back, all i can do is read what they say on them: "audio-technica ARTmonitor ATH-A900"

they are the shit. my bro knows how to choose em.

no idea how much they cost (as they were a gift).

11. Sennheisers are fucking brilliant, as long as you're willing to spend. The budget versions aren't that great, but if the 280 is what I remember (foldable, DJ-use monitors) those are excellent and fairly cheap ($150-250) over-ear phones. If you are willing to spend some money on Sennheisers, it's hard to go wrong.

12. #13 damncrazylegs, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    skullcandy for the win!! ive had two pairs so far. amazing sound, and almost a lifetime warranty. if they break (no matter how) you can send them in and get a new pair for 50 percent off. i snapped the band on my first pair snowboarding, i think i hit a couple trees with my head, so i sent it that pair and got a new one. they have a bunch of different styles in different models. all reasonably priced for how great they are. i doubt ill ever buy a different type, especially with the half off deal

this is what im rocking now. and theres a bottle opener that slides into the band. amazing sound, keeps my ears warm, very comfortable. i got these for about 20 bucks with the half off thing. check out there other ones at skullcandy.com[​IMG]

13. I concur on the Dre's. I've owned two pairs, and I quite like them. Either that, or like someone else mentioned, almost anything by Bose is pretty great. I think they're more comfortable than the Dre's (which I don't think are the msot comfortable, but they're tolerable).

14. Good timing on the thread. I just got my Sennheiser 280 pros in the mail today and they are awesome. For $75 on Amazon your not going to find a better pair of headphones for the price. The sound quality is excellent and they feel amazing on your ears. I agree with one of the posts above me, they are a little too tightly clamped together so right now I have them stretching out over a basketball, other then that not a single complaint about these headphones.

I had a pair of Skullcandy Heshs before the Senns but they ended up breaking (something fairly common for Skullcandys condsidering they are made entirely of a cheap plastic). They were good headphones for the price I got them but with prolonged use the small ear cups would start to rub against your ears and that would get annoying. They tended to over exagerate the bass which would sometimes drown out other parts of a song but other then that and their durability they were good as well. However save your money and just go for a pair of Sennheisers, you won't regret it.

15. i dont know about that man, ive put mine throw hell. landed on my head, smashed trees, cars, gotten them caught and ripped off my head on all sorts of stuff. only reason i can find for my first pair breaking was cause it was about 60 below zero. and the sound is just great too

16. I use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700's, and some Grado 125s. Both are comfortable for home listening :)

17. I use Sennheiser HD280 headphones, but they're mostly for DJ use.