Headphones for working out

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by fuckthecops, Jun 15, 2012.

1. So my apple earphones broke... Again. I'm looking to buy a set of earphones to use while biking. They can't be headphones though, because sometimes I have to ride with one earbud in.

I'd rather have something in ear because those seem to stay in the best. Also, it's a plus if they are compatible with the iPhone for taking phone calls (with a mic).

Any suggestions? I was considering the Bose in ear set with iPhone comparability...

2. I have some $15 Sony in ear bud. Personally I wouldn't get Bose because I'd be concerned with sweat getting into the bud and your expensive pair of head phones are now busted.

3. I want high quality though... The Bose got pretty good reviews from runners

4. I need something that stays the fuck in my ear. I'm sick of fighting my ear buds as I'm running

5. Right? That shit is so annoying. Im trying to move my arms in tune with my run, and i keep having to fuck with my headphones.

6. you could get custom molded stuff... actually not THAT expensive. although i don't know how good the audio quality is with them

7. In-ear headphones are great for running and if the buds fit properly then they should stay in place no matter how much you're moving.

However, if you're lifting weights intensely you need to be careful because those type of earbuds build a lot of pressure due to the seal they create. If you're not careful, struggling to lift a weight while having them in your ears, you could do some serious damage internally.

I would try and find something that has a good seal but also has room to release pressure, normally through openings located on the back of the buds. Sport-oriented models will normally have larger openings as opposed the casual variety which are essentially closed off.

As far as quality goes Bose is fairly prices relative to the quality you'll receive. In comparison, ear buds such as the Sony mdr xb20ex are 49.99, half the price of Bose in-ears, and have a much clearer sound in my opinion through my experience with both. As long as you take a look around and compare each style of headphones with your needs then I'm sure you'll make the right decision.