Headphone fright

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Duhka, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Does anyone here listen to music on headphones when they are stoned? I do sometimes and it seems like i can go past the volume i can usually stand when im sober. This kinda makes me wodner if i could be doin some damage to my ears.

(oh yeah posting this post is giving me a really strange daychavoo however the hell u spell it.)

2. to answer your question, no, i actually like to avoid loud sudden noises, unless im at some kind of music venue, cuz usually im just chill

PS: Dejavu (i think)

3. ya im same way and the results are kids are going deaf from headphones (increasted greatley since 80's) cause we listen to it loud .. and i always have it loud when stoned cause i jsut wanna hear taht guitar scream at me rofl!

4. i listen to music on my headphones when im stoned. ussually cuz its night and i dont want to wake anyone up with my music. i listen to my music at a reasonable level too.

5. i like listenin to my Bose Quiet COmfort 2's which i found in my house instead of paying 300 dollars... they provide ill bass that i cant have at 12 am with everyoene else sleepin

6. ^ You do know bose is crap, right? If you had paid I'd have told ya to take 'em back

You shouldn't have any problems if you make sure the treble and bass is at an acceptable level or you wear studio headephones that are basically open so it's almost impossible to drive them hard enough to fuck up your ears..however they require their own amp

7. bose speakers are awesome in my opinion. i like the headphones a lot, i dont have em but my friend does and i think they are worth every penny.

i usually listen to it mildly loud but not too much, loud noises tend to freak me out while under the influence of something

8. .....rip apart any bose product and say that

The use paper drivers and try to scam people into believing a single 3 inch all range driver somehow makes up for a full 3-way floor standing speaker experience

btw they use plastic and low grade press board in the systems where metal and high density mdf should be used at that price point plus the systems totally ignore a good hunk of frequences the human ear can easily hear

If you want quality theres plenty of better options...

headphones http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/

nice mid level speakers that make bose look like an alarm clock for half the price http://www.paradigm.com/

and what I run http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/MonSeries/Monseries.html
    and a pair of Onyx Rocket CSe's for a stereo system

And a nice run down on exactly what makes bose such a poor choice http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

9. ill have to look into that, thanks for the links

10. Hahah that's a key part of my personal sessions.

After dinner, light up a joint, throw on a good record, put on the headphones and smoke.

I always have it cranked though weather i'm sober or not.

11. ^^^Yup, but i'll be with my bong

12. haha yah the bass is muddled and shit but for free I will take em, btw what are some good ear buds for my ipod?

13. Sony in ears. The mdr-51's i have sound so amazing, can hear everynot and the bass kicks ass

14. when i listen to music with headphones hwen im stoned it scares the shit out of me. i can feel the music waves bouncing around inside my head o.o

15. someone gave me their 1gb shuffle when they got the video model and like you for free you can't beat it but the original buds seem to work nice for the size I've never paid for a pair of buds but the shuffles feel good well over and hour so it shouldn't be a problem

16. Music effects people so much, an energetic song can bounce you up, a sad song will drag you right down, all the more when I'm high. Always keep my headphones on me, I can't help groovin with a set of headphones and some dank.

17. I have a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJs. I fucking love them. The clairity is amazing, even with the pounding bass. It's like re-hearing a lot of songs because I can hear shit that other headphones could never produce:

[​IMG]

18. here you go homeboy. plenty of quality ingredients. lots of bass. THIS BITCH IS STRAIGHT TRILL NIGG!!!!!! i have 2 in my civic.http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm

19. Those are mostly for show you'd get harder hitting tighter bass from a properly configured 15's 2-4 quality drivers can make your hair poof up at around 35hz going lower gets the back seat passengers going a bit deaf

lol now if you happen to own a theater you're sub would probably be the 10+ 12's 15's and 18's all covering around 10-15hz stepping up from around 15 (you feel you don't hear)

Putting such a rig in a tuned pathway under the viewers pretty much makes t-rex you're seat buddy or in a 1 in a million shot the person shits themselves

20. ahhh, yes. the "Brown Noise." Demomstrated in South Park.