Headed West

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by flirt77, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Hey everybody,

Been reading posts from here for months, not sure why I never signed up... I'm from Tennessee, and I'm currently on a road trip to Los Angeles, where I'll be working for the next 2 months on the set of The Office. Gonna be needing some help navigating the west coast, extremely different to what I'm used to. Thanks in advance y'all

Flirt

2. What do you need to know? I have been livin out here for over 50 years. I can help you get around.

3. Still en route, questions will probably be abundant once I arrive. The only question that I haven't found a great answer to yet is whether or not I'll be able to get a med card in CA if I'm only a temporary resident? I have a TN driver's license so the answer seems to be a resounding no, but is there some loophole I don't know?

4. Yeah, its a no. I lived in Colorado for a while. I tried to get mine but yes, you need a drivers license in that state.

5. Is it illegal for me to apply for a CA driver's license? I'm staying with a friend who is actually quite anti drug, so edibles will be a must for me. Can't stink up his place.