Headed for a breakup (I think)

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Rollbud, Sep 13, 2011.

1. I don't really know why I'm putting this here, guess I just have to get this off my chest. Basically my GF of over 2 years is away at school and I'm living at home while going to college nearby. We normally text back and forth throughout the day and talk on the phone for a little bit every week (neither of us really like phone conversations). Last year I visited her quite a bit, but this year due to a number of problems I have yet to go see her. The past few weeks she barley sends me a message unless I send her one and she seems increasingly less interested in whats going on in my life. If I tell her how busy I am with school and work she just says something like "oh yeah I know what you mean".

Fast forward to today she told me she was coming home for the weekend. I was pretty excited to hear this and I asked her why she was coming home and she just said something along the lines of "she has a lot to figure out and needs to get away from school for awhile". Obviously something is wrong so I called her right when I got the text and she just sounded indifferent that I called her not even happy considering we haven't actually talked to each other in a while. I asked her what was wrong and she just said nothing and gave me the same cryptic line she gave me before that she had to figure things out. I asked what was new and she just she was doing homework, I don't even think she was really paying attention to the conversation. Then after some awkward forced conversation she just said she was really busy and had to go...:confused:. I said goodbye and I love you and she said goodbye took a long pause and just quickly said loveyou really quick and hung up like someone was forcing her too. I guess the more I type this the more it seems its over, it makes no sense to me we never argue at all and we have always got along really well we enjoy each others company but also respect each others privacy. This is killing me blades I don't feel like waiting till Sunday to hear bad news, but I feel that's what I'm going to get. :(.

2. i feel for you. jus be real and approach her and tell her your feelings.

3. Sad story bro:/ sadly long distance relationships usually don't work out. But you should be more straight forward about what's on your mind and confront her about it. I kind of had a similar experience but I was the one who left home while she stayed home, and it sucked but I broke up with her before I moved. Not cause I wanted to but cause I wanted to keep her close and I felt we would have fell apart had we tried long distance, and we still are close friends. All I can hope is maybe after college we may both be single but who knows what lie ahead. I hope you figure everything out man.

Happy Blazings,
    OnyxRooster

4. That right there sounds awful, my friend. I feel for ya but you must maintain positive and if she does break up with you, do this: keep smiling and say okay. Agree and nod and smile, and act like it doesn't bother you at all. when she says "Are you sad" or something along those lines just say nope I go with the flow and everything will even out.

5. I say u dump her now, turn the tables on her :devious: youll find a better, closer chick !

6. OP man, i dont wanna say anything but it sounds like you know exactly whats right around the corner. Reasons and everything aside, you know whats up and whats on her mind.

Breakups are tough, no doubt, but do you feel better about the situation when you dump someone or when you get dumped..? Most would say they feel better when they do the dumping, as you'll have the upper hand in a sense, you got to call the shots.

My dad gave me some advice recently. He said he never let a girl get the best of him, nor did he ever get stressed over a girl. Soon as he noticed a girl is losing interest, and the fire is cooling off, he would end it with her. Why keep going when you see the inevitable ahead? My dad would be good, he got to call it. And on top of it all, it would eat at the girl, since she planned on ending it. And just like that, the tables have turned, and the girl is left thinking "why did he leave me? Is there something wrong with me? What if i did things differently, etc" while my dad just moved on to the next one as she moped.

I hope that helps you, i know im definitely gonna look at things this way with the next one. Best of luck to you, cheers

7. Bro, Its called the turkey dump, because the stay at home boyfriend is dumped by turkey day. These lil hot pieces of ass go to college and meet all types of new dudes. Dudes that have cribs, cars, readily available booze and weed. Plus dudes that are actually PRESENT all of the time. She found one of them. Probably has been hooking up with him and she knows she has to come home and take out the trash and move on with her college career. It's college. I saw it happen every single weekend. Its a bummer, but the truth.

8. ^ this is sad but true. I like to be optimistic but from what you described sounds like it really is coming, the best thing you can do right now is be on the look out for some new titties to console you.

9. Kill it

10. [quote name='"glassuseonly"']Bro, Its called the turkey dump, because the stay at home boyfriend is dumped by turkey day. These lil hot pieces of ass go to college and meet all types of new dudes. Dudes that have cribs, cars, readily available booze and weed. Plus dudes that are actually PRESENT all of the time. She found one of them. Probably has been hooking up with him and she knows she has to come home and take out the trash and move on with her college career. It's college. I saw it happen every single weekend. Its a bummer, but the truth.[/quote]
    I don't think I have ever read so much truth in one paragraph.

11. #11 illogicalcapt, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
    If you murder her before she can break up with you then technically you broke up with her

12. What a dumb cunt. Coming back home is not for you, it's to make her feel better and in some way personally justified in doing it because she did it 'the adult way' in person. I'd call the bitch right back up and say hey I'm here for you babe what's wrong? and if she is obviously making something up or avoiding the topic then lay it out. There is absolutely 100% no reason to break up in fucking person. I'd be heated if I were you,

fuck I'm heated and I ain't you lol

13. I agree with the above and say you flip the script on her...

You need more hand in the relationship.

14. Well figured I would give an update, she finally "found time" to talk to me over the phone....its over. She said it just didn't feel the same blah blah blah and it felt like I didn't really want to be around her over the summer. Absolute bullshit in my mind. We spent a ton of time together. The only times I didnt want to be around was when her annoying third wheeling friends were around who act like little kids and even then I sucked it up and delt with it. I loved spending time alone with her. She never gave me any indication something was wrong up until yesterday. She still wants to see me and talk, but I don't have anything to say to her it hurt me to hear this I'm in shock. But if its what she feels I'm not gonna try to keep it going if she feels there isn't anything in the relationship. Just hope she realizes that 98% of those guys she sees while at parties don't give a shit about a real relationship and are just acting nice for one thing.

/rant

fuck relationships

15. That sucks dude im sorry. I had it happen to me last year so im no stranger to it.

This shit happens every year when girls go to college i see it every weekend at my college and honestly theres nothing you can do besides find the hottest girl in your school and get with her at the next party.

Or find the hottest one at her school and fuck her :devious:.

16. I know how often it happens, but I never thought she would do that. I was still visiting her a lot last year making long car trips or paying for expensive tickets.....fuck now I'm pissed off too. Having her tell me it seems like i didn't want to spend time with her I busted my fucking ass/wallet to see her. I know I need to move on and I know I will but its killing me right now. literally the week I start getting my life in order I get this fucking curve ball.

17. you gotta break up with her first! in fact, text her right now and say "i am breaking up with you :(" You gotta do it first bro. Don't let her get the satisfaction of winning.

18. [quote name='"HankMoody"']you gotta break up with her first! in fact, text her right now and say "i am breaking up with you :(" You gotta do it first bro. Don't let her get the satisfaction of winning.[/quote]

Lol little late my dude. OP was dumped 4 or 5 posts ago^^ :(

19. I just recently broke up with my girlfriend of 2 and half years. We've known each other for I'd say about 13 to 14 years (I just turned 20 to give you an idea of how long we've known each other) and we started dating about 4 months before college started. She loved me and I loved her. We kept it going while she went to school in Canada and I went to school in Texas. Texts every day, phone calls, hours and hours of Skype conversations. Neither of us was unfaithful and we even joked about being hit on by other guys/girls. It was perfect.

But it wasn't. People change, slowly for some, faster for others. But that is what college is all about. Four years of money and time to learn some stuff about the world and yourself. We stayed very close those first two years of her being away. We saw each other once a month alternating who was traveling and the big wheel in the sky kept on turning. She and I changed too much to truly be in a relationship even though we both still loved each other.

The irony of it all is that it is exactly what ended this relationship but it is also what will lead to the next one. I don't believe in much, but I believe in love and karma. Keep being who you are, have some fun and live your life.
    My dad has drilled "Shit happens!" into my head. But he also drilled in that no matter how deep of a shit pile anyone is in they have the power to dig them selves out.
    Thanks to my grandfather teaching me this lesson in hebrew , "המעז מנצח" (it means "Who dares wins" and in Latin is the motto of many special forces around the world) I understood that my dad was right.

You control who you are. Your girlfriend might have taken what you cherished and shit right on it. But that doesn't mean you can't find something meaningful in somebody else.

P.s. All that stuff she's saying about you not wanting to spend time with her is her trying to justify the break up. That means she is either a little crazy and you might have gotten lucky OR she's trying to find a way to make this breakup less hard on her meaning its still painful for her. Let her be and enjoy your own life. :bongin: