Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Head Shops treating minors like absolute shit.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Durchii, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Everyone needs to chill out with how they treat one another here. This thread was reported several times by different people due to disrespect and hatefulness. We all have different opinions and it's on all of us to have some matter of respect for one another.

2. yea guys, come on. I agree that there is a good argument here, but its getting outta hand

3. My local Starship/Elations sells Coke bullets; For those who don't know what a bullet is, it's a device with a small valve used to measure out a hit of Cocaine, and it screws on top of a small bottle. Let me ask you this, in the msot polite way possible; If drug paraphanelia comes down to what it COULD be used for, or what it IS used for, then why isn't every Elations/Starship/-insertnameofheadshophere- being shut the hell down? What else BUT cocaine would fill such bullets? Is there a legal, coke "alternative" that I'm not aware of? No. The point is, lexus, that if YOUR friend got busted because of a poster, he was shafted by his own penis. Did the cops in your "situation" even have any evidence to just walk into your friend's dorm/apartment/house at all? I'm guessing no, unless he was making it VERY VERY obvious. And jsut to prove you wrong, I'm heading out the the police station now, after smoking 4 bowls of dank, wearing a Bob Marley shirt and a weed hat. I'll tell you all how it went when i GET BACK, lol. peace :)

4. Irony, irony, I detect irony.

5. He didn't get busted because of a poster. He got busted because he fell asleep with his music on too loud and his neighbors called the cops on a noise complaint. They knocked and knocked and he never came. They tested the door and it was unlocked. They had no intention of arresting him for possession/paraphenalia. It was not until they were inside the apartment and they saw his pipes and bags and all that shit laying around. At that point they had probable cause. And the bob marley poster/shirt can only be construed as paraphenalia if it physically depicts the act of consuming. A picture of Bob Marley standing there or playing the guitar is harmless. And just because it can potentially be construed as paraphenalia does not mean that it will. Ultimatley its probably up to the arresting officer at the time. If you get a douche bag cop expect as many charges as possible. If you get a cool cop expect a bit lighter time of it.

But I wouldn't go to that police station. You're under the influence and acting a fool. Don't be stupid.

6. Hmm, I had no idea it was reported. Yes I do believe we should chill out more than anything... But the argument still stands.

7. lol, i did go. I like everyone here on GC, and yeah, arguing is stupid. So instead of typing in this thread anymore, I'm just going to smoke a fat bowl everytime someone posts. I'll start, 1 2 3 GO!

8. when i was 14 i looked 18 and when i was 16 i looked 25, so i never had any problem ive been buying cigs since i was 13[but quit when i was 15 cause i new i was addicted, but thank g-d i hate those cancer sticks now, and its weird cause once in a while ill smoke a cig if theres absolutely nothing but ill get little to no effect.] i bought my first 6 pack when i was 14 and my forst piece when i was 15, the headshops near me are under close watch theres fuckin a cop car in front of them 24/7 and ive seen them stop ppl after they walk out, ask for id, no id theyd make them break their piece right out front, and then go inside and right up the owner whos always there doing tattoos. but we [me and 2 buddies] had a good system one of them was 18 at the time so we wolud go in with him, look for a while and when we would bring him over and say "yo i think you should get that one" and that was the code once that was said he would buy it. the guys at the counter knew what was going on and always laughed or smiled to us cause they thought it was creative or somethin i guess. but now they give me at cost prices cause ive made them a lot of money bringin other ppl in.

but onto your post they can get into serious shit for selling underage the same[actually worse] way you can get in trouble if a cop sees you handing a 15 year old cigs or a 12 pack. same principle if you break the law you have to pay for it. except when it comes to weed but thats a whole other topic.

9. i dont know if you go to a shop in say a rel non official area say a flea market or anything not in a mall or in a shoping mall something forsay under the table most the time ID's will probley not be a big deal because in all essence there just trying to make there money.

10. Yeah, I agree. They're just paranoid ya know. I you have to be 18 to be in there then the owner would get busted if the kid was a snitch. But hey, what you did for that kid was very cool man. +rep for being a good samaritan.

11. what the hell paranioa. i said nothing to get bad rep. just cuz i gave you some because your being so mean, you give me some? thats bs

12. why do you guys care about how the smoke shops treat minors??? do you feel the same way when a liquor store turns down a 17 year old tryin to buy beer?? i mean all the smoke shops have signs posted stating you must be 18 (just like this web site) we all had to pay our dues somehow....so let the kids wait till there old enough

13. the headshop near my house almost got in trouble for not id'ing people. The police came in and threatened them and shit. You gotta understand that running a head shop is kind of risky because they are constantly having to worry about being shut down and they have to say the pipes are for tobacco and the police will shut down a head shop with out blinking an eye. So even if they arent too nice to the minors the truth is they would probably sell it to the kid if they could but they gotta stay in business. So dont come down to hard on the head shops they are just trying to make it through just like the rest of us.

14. uh what? i didnt get any bad rep, why would i give you some

lmao lmao, whoever just gave me bad rep my points went from 108 to 178, thanks for buggin the system!

15. btw you guys, the story cited here was because the bong was sold in conjunction with marijuana related things, hence the poster.

He's right, but the only reason they can label the poster paraphanaelia (which will probably be dropped in court, as there are many other charges) is that he was in posession of pot, without the weed, if the pipe was clean, the only trouble would have been the booze. What asshole cops.

16. That is EASILY the funniest thing I've read all year!:D :D :D :smoke:

17. The headshop in my area is generally chill about it as long as you look about 16ish. Ive been in there before when these kids around the age of idk maybe 14 came in and Dan the owner of the headshop told them they needed to be accompanied by an adult. My headshop sells alot more than just pieces is sells, posters, t-shirts and stuff.

Anyways i think that glass is generally something you dont let everyone have. I think the owner was justified in kicking the kid out anyways, cause if you think about it those are for "tobacco" something you cant get unless your 18. So why would he let a 16 year old leave his shop with a piece he cant legally use for 2 years. What the OP did was a great, nice thing to do but idk i would have respected the owners wishes when he does want his pieces sold to minors.

18. I have a few friends who are Narcs (they are all 15-18) and they go into headshops for that reason, to shut the place down if they dont ID them, I was in a GREAT headshop once back in my teen years and ive been to this shop before and i know they dont ID. But my friend went in with a wire to do a bust on the store, and i was in the back of the store flashing my ID at the guy who was working, hinting to him to check the ID on my friend or the store would be scrued. It worked and the place gave me a free peace for it next time i went back. its nuts and a GREAT peace. But there was a police officer waiting outside for my friend to come out for the info for a bust. Kinda a dick move on my friend. But he is a anti-drug kid so its all good. I got a free peace from it so all was good, and i saved my favorite head shop, so untill i turned 18 i never got ID'd in that store. ;)

19. That post and opinion is so good, that I have to stand out of my chair and applaud you. WOW! I would do the same thing if I were in your position.

20. You're a nice guy man, I'm sure that kid told that story about the guy who bought him his first bubbler when he got thrown out of the store. That's like every kids dream when it happens, isn't it? That someone will come along and buy it for you? :D

There is a store down here that will card you if you have a flowing white beard, and it's bad business in my opinion. I have bought a few pipes in this store and they still card me... The one time I forgot my id I was reminded of the good old days when I was 17 :rolleyes:

Sent out of a store at 20 years old, already spent money in the store a couple of times before... It's enough to make you sick LOL

I agree that if you are mature enough you should be able to buy a glass pipe- but I feel that way about all things that have an age limit. I've met 18 year olds that were more mature than people in their 20's, yet they can't buy a gun. They can be drafted but can't drink.

It's a crime in it's own right. LOL