Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Head Shops treating minors like absolute shit.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Durchii, Apr 28, 2006.

1. yea, i was talkin about PD2 lol. the big chick or the one with all the piercings? or the old lady? what other two? maybe i'll go check them out tonight after work with UFT.

2. haha idk, none of them, she was from cinci like me, thats howi got the convo going on lol. just ask them who is from cinci

3. All the smoke shops in Berkley taht I go to have let me in and let me buy things since I was like 15. I guess it really matters where you live and how strict they are.

4. joint said what i was gonna say.. although he did it in a kinda rude manner.. he did right think of being paranoid about bein shut down.. fuck if i ownd a shop id make sure they were 18 and u would too or ud be find and shutdown.. its just not worth it to get shutdown for 1 kid..

nice gettin him glass =D

5. This is pretty much just what I was gonna say, most of the headshops from around me have never ID'ed, but I can definately understand why many shops would and why they might act like dicks to underage customers. Headshops already have enough heat of them as it is just due to the type of products they sell, many probably don't want to have to deal with the added pressure of selling to underage customers. I know it's really shitty to be underage and not able to buy any glass, but unfortunatley that's just the way it is today.

6. When I was underaged I just went in with buddy's dad and we would look at stuff and then I'd say hey... that one looks pretty nice. So then of course he'd agree and check it out then pay for it. I have no problem with the 18 rule, gotta follow TOBACCO laws of course... its not gonna be used for ganja or anything.. :p

7. Are you kidding me? Cops send in underage kids to buy smokes all the time. It just pisses me off because I used to work at a gas station, and I'd have to ID everyone because as soon as I'd sell to an underage person who the cops sent in (and they did all the time), the store would get fined, I'd get a big fine (remember Clerks?), and I'd get fired. So it's like a constant assault by the pigs on the innocent clerk who just wants to make his few bucks an hour.

Fuck the pigs.

8. To the OP.... You are a kind soul, and should have karma on your side fully. Just by reading your post, you led me to believe that there are actually nice people in this world. You give stoners a good name, and you should be awarded kindly. When I was about 14, when I first started to blaze, I was hoping for a glass piece, but everyone said i'm too young so i had to stick to foil, and weird rolling papers (fake, had to use honey to make it stick together) for about 6 months, before I got into using socket wrenches for bowls, and made bongs out of that. When I was 15, for my birthday my bro bought me a glass piece, which broke after a few months, and I got another glass bowl that I still have and use to this day. Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I am honestly moved by your kindness, and i'm giving you a +rep, and to everyone else who reads this, help a fellow stoner out, and have some good karma heading your way. :)

9. not where i live, any 13yr old can walk in the liqour stores down next to the highway and get sold whatever they want....but the headshop you cant enter without ID, there chill old people but ive seen them get mighty pissed at neighborhood kids

10. nah man some arabs are cool. back in the day their was a pakistani guy at this seedy gas station who would always sell me cigarettes and glass. The first bong I ever bought was from a headshop in a neighboring city when I was 16-17, the guy their asked if we were 18 before we came in, we said yes, and he let us in without ID. later after we bought the bong and were smokin and chillin with him he asks me "so how old are you really?" i go "18", he laughs and says "that's what I like to hear".

11. lol yea im talkin about Down in the Valley :smoking:

12. im surprised that the owner didnt let him buy the bubbler cuz around where i live they dont give a dam how old you are. when i went to my local headshop an empoyle sold a 13 yr old a phx bong with out even asking for id.

13. dude b4 i was oldenough i just had people buy it for me ne ways

14. Who cares? we're all adults, none of us have to worry about this shit.

They're covering their own asses, i wouldn't blame them for that.;

15. Okay, granted that tobacco laws are 18+ to purchase... BUT! In some states (Including mine) It is legal for a minor to smoke tobacco. It is illegal for them to purchase tobacco itself. If it is legal for minors to smoke the tobacco, then perhaps they should be legal to buy pipes at a certain age. It is not like they buy the tobacco itself. And you cant smoke a piece of glass.

Think about this, when I was 16 back in the day, my mom would buy me ciggarettes. i told her I wanted to switch to pipe tobacco and told her I would buy the pipe if she would buy the tobacco. She agreed and after about a week of trying headshops around the city she had to go in and finally pick me up a small bong.

Its fucked up! I dunno, maybe its just me... thoughts?

16. ^Well, honestly I'm kinda high and maybe I read that wrong, but did you just say your mom bought you a bong? That's pretty sweet man.

17. You read it correctly. After I turned 16 she lightened up a bit and bought me the bong. Shes could be cool, on occasion.

18. oh okay, thats a little different.

I'm used to the strict 19+ tobacco laws in Canada.

19. Well over here in germany there are 12 years old kids hanging around in headshops and the headshop even sells pipes to them. The laws in the USA seem kind of strict to me. I mean you can go to prison for some roaches and a dirty bong, that's terrible. Most of the time it doesn't have consequences if you have like 5-20g (differs from where you living at) on you over here.

20. Hey... Frozen Smoke... I'm from Germany (living in the U.S. right now) and I go back every summer. I've somehow never been able to find weed (or even a head shop) anywhere in Germany. I'm going to Germany for 4 weeks in a couple of weeks and was wondering if you had any tips for me to find some weed in Hessia. You probably don't live in Hessia but eh, you don't see many Germans on here so I thought I'd ask.