Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Head Shop Faux Pas

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gimlet03, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Hey. Long time reader, first time poster. Mid-30s, longtime smoker. Live in the southeast, college town. Been in a bad dry spell after friend moved away. Needed his wares for nausea from medical condition. Went to a head shop where I've bought supplies 3-4 times a year for 5 years, always from the same woman with tattoos in her 40s. She recognizes me but we never have chatted. During purchase today, I took a risk out of desperation and hinted about being dry since we were alone. Said to her that I normally wouldn't do a a**hole thing like this. Really was asking if she had any tips or suggestions on where one might go about finding some 'cause I don't have a lot of friends in my town. Her response was kinda hard to read. Just kinda muttered, "Yeah...well...not sure right now...hmm", so I took my cue and left. She did say as I was leaving, "Come back again". I don't know if that was meant to keep me as a customer, or if it meant something else.

Anyway, just wanted anyone's thoughts on this encounter. This was about my only option left.

Thanks,

J--

2. it's a major no-no for any employee of these establishments to talk about weed at all (considering they're supposed to maintain the image that all the shit they sell is for tobacco... legal purposes).  she'd probably hook you up if you ever ran into her outside of work.  tough to judge what you could do here, but i'd advise against asking her about it while she's working- she could lose her job if the boss is tough about things like that.

you say you live in a college town, you should be able to find some potheads around who would be more willing to help out as long as you dont look sketchy.