Head Shop busted for selling to minors in my town

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Item Nine, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Alright, heres what happened today. I got paid today so I cashed it and got some bud and leftover money.
    I live right next to this urban-area in Maryland called Towson.
    So my favorite head shop is down there, and I decide to head down to get a new bong from my leftover money, so I park my car in the back of this public parking lot. So I start walking on the street to go inside the store and 3 cop cars are in front of it. And I just stop across the street like oh shit.

So I just stand there watching a bong shop get raided. They take the store owner and put him in cuffs and he's put in a cop car and the employees are being questioned by 2 cops, and I'm just like what the hell just happened? Are they making bongs illegal now?

Thank god that wasn't the case, everyone is standing around across the street watching, so I ask some random fella what happened, he said that the owners were selling to minors. Idiots.

I mean, smoking weed is illegal and it's pretty hard to get caught (my opinion, maybe not yours). But when a kid walks in his house with a 2 foot bong purchased illegally, the parents are gonna obviously wonder what it is and where they got it from. I'm not saying the law is right, I honestly think everyone should smoke weed, no matter what age... but it's simply idiotic to think you could get away with selling a bong to a kid without getting caught by a parent or someone else. It's not worth it to risk your entire business due to some kid.

Some people are idiots.

2. head shops don't get busted by parents... they set up stings kind of like when ATF sends in underage kids to "buy" cigarettes or alcohol and if they sell it to them the kid hands the shit over to the atf and they raid the shit..thats prolly how that went down...but i dont live where you live maybe parents found out told the cops in your area, im just letting you know how it normally goes down...its not the kids fault in a way, one of those your not right but your not wrong situations on the kids part but the owner of the head shop is completely at blame...

3. Well obviously parents don't raid, I'm saying they probably put a police report in. I know how it goes down dude.
    It's both of their faults. The kid obviously had to know that selling bongs to a minor was illegal, and so did the owner. He was probably warned by the local government not to sell to minors or they will be raided.

It could've been a sting operation, but you just never know.