Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Head rushes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ergophelix, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Hey seasoned tokers of GC:

I have a question for you.

When I smoke budz, especially in conjunction with cigarettes, I get HARDCORE head rushes when I stand up. It doesn't happen all the time, but surprisingly a lot. Does this happen to you guys? I know you aren't doctors or anything (if you are I could use your input!) but I am curious if this is OK. Honestly, I don't even mind them, I just think it's weird that it happens...

2. such a "seasoned toker" question lol... i get headrushes even when im not stoned and i stand up too fast, smoking weed and cigs and then standing up fast is a recipe for a big head rush.

3. It's just momentary low blood pressure in your head. Perfectly normal when standing up fast after sitting for a while. Nicotine amplifies it.

4. yeah i get head rushes but,i hit the bong kneeling down then pull the slider and stand up at the same time and get big rush of thc :bongin:

5. i get those when im not smoking and all isee is black and i dont know whats goin on for a little bit.. only happened a couple times smokin though

6. Its the head rush from the tobacco, I take it you don't smoke then?
    I don't, I get sick if I smoke with tobacco

7. Could be orthostatic hypotension. When you are dehydrated and/or you have low blood pressure(sitting/laying for a while can greatly reduce blood pressure) and you stand up, your blood pressure bottoms out. You can feel tingling, euphoria(very light), dizziness, and you can even black out.

Source: I have orthostatic hypotension like a motherfucker.

DEFINITELY orthostatic hypotension.

To avoid this, make sure to stay really hydrated and don't remain sedentary for too long.

8. hah same shit happens but i don't even need a cig...if im blazed chillin on my bed/comp/w.e and get up I get a CRAZY head rush for like 10 seconds then it mellows out..I borderline pass out for that 10 sec. though hah

9. Yeah guys, I smoke mad cigarettes, about 10 a day. I only get head rushes when I get high though. That's what's weird! I don't get head rushes when I'm sober.

10. I don't smoke cigarettes, but I get these sometimes when standing up or after a gravity bong hit.. I call them 'blackouts'

edit: pretty fun really

11. It's because weed mellows you out and lowers your blood pressure.

12. Probably because after smoking weed, your lung pores are wide open, so if u smoke a cig after, more nicotine is absorbed and you get a nicotine rush. This shit still happens to me sometimes even if a smoke a cig on the morning after a big sesh

13. This is such an easy question to answer. Weed lowers blood pressure, thinning out the blood. There you go.

14. check this out.

last summer i went to my friend's cottage and got blazed out of my mind. we couldn't get the fire going, so we cooked marshmallows on the electric stove. i was sitting on the counter and when we finished, i hopped off and had a minor head rush, then it got bad. i had major tunnel-vision, then everything went black and i kind of stumbled back and collapsed. everybody was echoing, asking me if i was okay, i felt like i had no energy and a ton of weight being slammed onto me. then i just kind of came back.

i know i don't eat much, i'm sure i'm probably dehydrated. i'm gonna have to look into this.

15. infact all you guys are wrong im going thru the same thing and I have had to stop the weed :(
    It all comes down to anxciety best talking to your doc they can give you some pills to help get rid of the feeling I just hope one day i can smoke weed again I tried to have a lil one last night and when i got in bed my head was spinning like crazy witch put me in too a panic attack, not nice at all

16. Yup, all the time. I think it happened to me more when I was out of shape, but I still get them pretty frequently.

Luckily I've figured out how to beat them. Just immediately bend over and it will go away almost instantly. Yea it looks stupid, but if you're with other smokers maybe they will get a head rush at the same time and won't see you doin' it.