Head over fucking Heels

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by meowtoyou, Mar 25, 2012.

1. #1 meowtoyou, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    I am slowly coming onto this girl who isn't completely over her ex. She's "not jumping into anything" because she has been trying to get over him forever. Last night when I was with her, she seemed to be having a great time... leaning on me and hugs and stuff, and for once, I was so happy and it was due to something she did. Usually I'm just fucking upset because of her.

Guys, do you think it's fucked up to act like she did last night? (laughing, leaning on me, hugging me, wanting to keep my hoodie) Do you think she is leading me on? She said to me her ex is still a big part of her life... Please help me the fuck out blades

Edit : Also, if this isn't enough info, feel free to ask me questions, as I am aboslutely positively fucking confused.

2. You title the thread "head over fucking heels", then open by saying you're slowly falling in love with her, followed by saying how you were "for once, happy because of something she did", and that you're usually just upset by her?

I too am confused. What is your relationship to this girl anyway, how long have you been seeing her?

We are gonna need a lot more info to help in any way.

3. I changed it.. I guess it was wrong to say falling in love... I'm just fucking crazy for her.

I guess I'm what you would call a pessimist. She doesn't answer texts/calls? She's talking to her ex... She doesn't wanna hang out? She's with her ex. I just want to be with her so bad and whenever I can't talk to her/spend time with her I always assume the worst. It sucks.

It started a couple months ago. I met her at my friends house... I've only chilled with her a few times I'm just fuckin crazy for her

4. If she's still talking to/seeing her ex that means gtfo there.. She's just wasting your time

5. in the same boat op...well the girl doesn't talk to her ex but i've been crazy about her forever and it seems like she only likes to flirt, not really into settling down or anything...

just gotta do the best ya can, if not, there's plenty of other fish in the sea! :D

6. If she's still into her ex, don't even bother. That shit isn't going anywhere. She's leading you on. Don't get hung up on this girl, it'll just bite you in the ass.

7. #7 meowtoyou, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    She doesn't talk to her ex at all, she just can't get him off of her mind. (to the other guy up there)

She isn't really "still into him," as she doesn't want to be with him, she's just having trouble getting over him.

I do have a strong feeling that in the long run I will get closer with her... i just had that feeling when I was with her last night.

I act like I really do care about her, and I do. I try to comfort her when she's upset/not feeling well. I asked how things with her ex have been, and she wasn't mad I brought it up. It actually sounded like she was happy I cared. A lot of guys are just in it for the poon, but I really want to be with this girl. She may have been makin sure I wasn't just tryna hit.

8. How long was she with her ex?

9. I'm not sure. I guess a while, but it's been a little over a month since they broke up. She has no desire in getting back together with him (she told me,) she is just having a hard time getting over it. She trusts me with this stuff because she knows I really do care about her. I assume she's not trying to jump into another relationship so quick because her emotions just aren't settled enough, which I completely understand and am fine with.

10. Yeah man there's probably a lot of history there.

Relationships are touchy subjects. Just give her some time. A month really isn't that long to get over somebody especially if they were together for a while

11. QFT

Patience grasshopper. Your rushing that shit for sure.

12. I agree with him as well. Although, I am not rushing anything. I don't act like I'm crazy for her to her, I just act like I wanna be friends and hang out and shit. I mean if she wants to hang out with me, then I guess she sees me as a friend right now as well. And the fact that she told me "she's not trying to jump into anything yet" shows me that she cares about me (not as a boyfriend yet) as well. Believe me, if she was the one hugging me all night and leaning and laughing on me and I didn't try to make a move, I don't feel like I'm rushing it. What do ya think brah?

13. Thinking she is leading you on is you thinking you are entitled to more then what you got. Her touching and hugging is a good sign, and nothing less.

Careful with the friend shit though. If you truly care about this girl it can be very easy to fall down that slippery slope of friendship and end up like every other butt hurt nice guy in love with their best friend. Keep it physical just so she knows you are still a romantic intrest but I wouldn't push it to far. Keep pushing through this man, and when shes ready to move on you will know.

14. Thanks for the advice brotha. And I mean I guess I wouldn't call it leading on, more like playing games. It may be wrong to say that, because I'm not expecting more, I just wish she wouldn't act like she liked me as much when she is still having trouble getting over her ex.

As for the romantic interest, she can tell I'm into her, but I also think she knows that I'm not going to push it too far, as in like trying to get with her when I know she isn't ready to move on yet.

It sucks though, that she will be lifeguarding at the shore the entire summer (which is in like 3 months) at some water park, but hell, I'll probably be at the shore a good amount of time hopefully. If I can't see her a lot in the summer, do you think I should cut the relationship if there ends up being one? I know a beautiful girl at the shore that doesn't have a boyfriend around is bound to get hit on, lol.

15. :wave:

16. I'm not 3 months ahead man.. I'm just worried because I do like her and would like to start a relationship with her... I'm just kinda iffy about it if she's going to be going away (only like 90 minute drive, don't have a car) for a while. I may seem like I'm too far ahead, but I'm just wondering :cool:

17. Just go with it mane, but dont put too much of your time/emotions into her esp if shes coming right off a long term relationship.

18. That's thing.. It's to not put all my emotions into it. My emotions have been all over the place for the past week.

19. I think you should tell her that.
    If she doesn't know you're feelings for her you may never have a chance. My current girlfriend thought I didn't like her at all, when she was feeling just the way you do. It turns out I liked her way more than she thought but she never knew that because I never told her. It's worth it to tell her how you really feel because things may turn out really well, but you won't know until you do it.

20. The thing is... I just want to wait until she gets over her ex so I'm positive I won't mess up the friendship we have going. I just don't want to ruin things, ya know? Your opinion?