He just can't "figure me out"

Discussion in 'General' started by Bananarama, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I come from a unique community town, that is focused on academics. When I went to college, I realized that my community was quite different. So today when I was smoking with an acquantance he told me he just "couldnt figure me out" and started looking at me funnily. "I JUST CANNOT FIGURE YOU OUT! I want to ask you questions about your past. So lets start. Tell me who you are"

What should I take out of this? I feel like some psychopathic shooter now. but dont worry, im not that crazy. Just introverted.

2. I wouldn't take it personally, just think of it from his P.O.V "how do you start a conversation with someone without seeming like a creeper?"

3. I myself am intrigued by people's backgrounds: their demons, angels, emotional faultlines, their past as a whole.

Thats probably where he's coming from. I love figuring people out. Its so mysterious

4. This. I can hardly stop myself from asking those kinds of questions to people Ive just met. I could talk to people about their demons, angels, emotional faultlines and their past as a whole all day if I needed to. Especially new people. Its fascinating.

5. Well since you haven't known each other long I mean it's kinda normal for one to be curious about the other. I don't think he meant anything by it. IMO he just worded it wrong. I think he really meant "hey your cool what are you into "

6. I like to observe people and try and figure them out as well. I respect a person who isn't so easy to read because I'm the same way and I feel people should take the time to get to know me instead of knowing my personality and life in just a couple of conversations. I tend to surprise people because I come off a certain way that I'm not.

7. You guys should all go watch the "Seven Up" series. Really eye opening, and it sounds like you all are interested in the general progression of ones life.

8. Never heard of it. Ill have to check it out. Thanks!

9. Here is part 1, Netflix has all of them up as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSGIjwwc4U]7 Up Series Documentary 1964 Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

"56 UP" comes out this month!!!:hello:

10. Nice, I was gonna check netflix later on. Good to know theyre all up there.