HBO True Detective

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Johnny Blazed, Jan 24, 2014.

1. its all about ratings, they wouldn't have very many viewers during the super bowl. Good ratings = more money haha

Sent from my burner

2. FINALLY a quality show.

hbo was fallin off for a while there.

im hyped for tonight the walking dead can suck a dick im watching the 4th true detective episode asap.

3. i thought the ratings were all about getting views on the advertisements. Seeing how hbo runs no commercials i would assume they dont play by the same rules in that sense.

seems like every damn show takes a random week off now

4. im not sure how hbo works but I honestly think its by the viewers at the time of air

Sent from my burner

5. watch there actually be a guy with spaghetti all over his face lurking around the woods killing people.

6. There fucking better be....

Tonights episode was really good!

7. LOL holy fuckin shit mconaughys character just opens a footlocker with combat boots, a mickey of jameson and a couple grenades an Ak and a pistol shit is about to get crazy

8. that was a great fuckin episode anybody that wasnt hooked yet is now they just cranked it the fuck up!

9. Yeah, this shows great. 

My favorite part was after the guy went into the evidence room and was like " There really should be a better system for this "

10. #30 bwood, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    holy fuck that was good

that last scene was all one take too thats damn impressive.

11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U&feature=youtu.be

12. We are witnessing the beginning of the next legendary show here blades. Best new show on tv. The first three episodes were great, the fourth is AMAZING. I love shows with a slow build to a huge payout (boardwalk empire and game of thrones do this amazingly as well).

HBO is king of all networks right now. Home fucking box office for the win. With boardwalk, game of thrones, and now true detective they are just killing it right now.

Im watching on my phone for free on couchtuner.com

13. Did anyone else notice woody's "You don't mow another guy's lawn!" line?

Straight out of Kingpin!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I'm done with it. I finally got through the last episode and still feel it is sorely lacking. Biggest bust I've seen in a while when lucky enough to have two heavyweight principles such as Harrelson and McConaughey. Plus I'm not a fan of the constant flashback interview process within the show. Bores the hell out of me. And the "oh boy lets go under cover and not tell anybody" is a yawn fest that's been done to death.

Then load up breaking bad and go watch that while we enjoy this shit.

16. just watched the first episode. It's gonna be really good.

17. #37 blazeone, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Damn that last episode was some of the best TV I have seen in a minute. Rust Cohle is a straight boss.

Glad Mcconaughey ended up playing the part, he said he was initially reading for Woody's role I believe.

18. #38 bwood, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014

sorry your unable to appreciate it.

sucks to be you i guess.

this is a big boy show i dont expect everyone to be able to follow it.

19. This shows the shit man, has a lot of different levels going on and theres tons of things Im waiting to find out about. 

20. I wonder if the story branches off onto the 2 black detectives finding the killer or mccons character trying to, it seems like this show will be done with the flash backs after this part?