HBG repair?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GrantL003, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Well I managed to break the joint where my bowl goes and was wondering if there were any reputable glass blowers that can fix this joint.  It's a 3 foot tall triple chamber HBG..  Nobody has a big enough kiln to fit this thing around me its so depressing lol.  

20131002_023247.jpg
    20131008_182332.jpg

Let me know if anyone knows any reputable glass blowers that can repair this.  Thanks!

2. you dont need to kiln the whole thing just the area that is being worked out. 

fix it / stick that portion in the kiln for a while and turn off the kiln and slowly cool the piece down.

The guy that responded to you, is a glass blower (I know, you don't have any way of knowing. I just happen to know who he is)

Don't know if he's offering to fix it, but he's letting you know it can be.

oh ok.  I've been in contact with HBG and they said that I would have to find a blower then they can just send the joint.  Only thing is Im trying to find a glass blower thats in Florida.  I found some places that were in California & Colorado but they were warning about the shipping b/c its so big that the tree percs might break if the package isn't handled carefully enough.  Idk if I want to take that risk but it might be my only option

5. I'd keep looking then, if the glass blowers are recommending it. Glass is a strange deal to pack. I've seen photos of pieces that looked like they were packaged superbly, the outside of the box didn't look damaged and yet something was broken. One blower told me, with bubblers, its especially important that the mouthpieces are supported/braced properly, or they snap almost every time.

6. ahh ok. yeah i was happy i could find someone that would be able to fix it but shipping all the way to cali sketches me out with this piece lol.  If there are any reputable FL glass blowers on here that would be willing to fix it I'd definitely lean on going that direction