Hazy daze of summer

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Marapa, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Poss - thanks. Nope never even thought about supercropping em...I sorta think of that as a great way to open up the middle, but I wanted columns not vases...so anyway all I thought of was tying em down. Here are two I did nothing to beside one (Mekong HIgh) I tied down so that one lower branch became another top.

I dig seeing the different satty structures emerging well and with SAGE just a nice balanced structure... not to mention all those pretty satty titties :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Have u smoked the Mekong yet? I've heard mixed reviews, once again everything looking great mar! Lots of stresses on this end of the grow field! Sick all day, less pills more pot! Unfortunately that's what is making me sick, is the less.... Part :(

3. Your pics are extra cool since you have BUDSLiNGER in them :) - I am jealous ~

4. I have not smoked it, CC, in fact this was a freebie seed I had sitting around. I decided to throw some freebie and randomly acquired sativas into a run along with SAGE, just to get some experience with their growth patterns in my environment and to get a lil varied stash of haze hybrids. Since I started it I found that Ed Rosenthal included it in one of the Big Book of Buds, and I cruised around on a google tour or two, but I really don't know what to expect out of it.

At this point its growth and bloom vigor impresses me. I tied it down hard, twice, early on, along with a Royal Haze. I pulled the tiedowns a couple weeks ago. The Royal Haze has stayed small, never seemed to regain its initial momentum. Mekong High though, once released from bondage, just started climbing again. So that's why the twin towers of colas on it.

Hope you get through that shit with the pain and pills soon, sounds like it's really messing wiidja in the past week...:(

5. Yeah and I like having him in there, but I wish he'd use some of that famous rep of his to get Utopia Haze back on track. He's just sitting there, watching it wilt...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. About halfway through for some of these, I believe, and all's well except for Utopia Haze, far left in front, which may be too far gone for recovery. Or maybe not; if it just outran both the nutes and water it needed in its big stretch, as I suspect, then perhaps it will yet pull out of purgatory when its roots penetrate the third smart pot. :confused:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. One more set of pics for this update...a few young blooms. Incredible variety of bloom forms in this little cabinet.

chunkiest:
    [​IMG]

beauty queen and best aroma:
    [​IMG]

most likely to be in Dr. Seuss' stash:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. [quote name='"Marapa"']

I have not smoked it, CC, in fact this was a freebie seed I had sitting around. I decided to throw some freebie and randomly acquired sativas into a run along with SAGE, just to get some experience with their growth patterns in my environment and to get a lil varied stash of haze hybrids. Since I started it I found that Ed Rosenthal included it in one of the Big Book of Buds, and I cruised around on a google tour or two, but I really don't know what to expect out of it.

At this point its growth and bloom vigor impresses me. I tied it down hard, twice, early on, along with a Royal Haze. I pulled the tiedowns a couple weeks ago. The Royal Haze has stayed small, never seemed to regain its initial momentum. Mekong High though, once released from bondage, just started climbing again. So that's why the twin towers of colas on it.

Hope you get through that shit with the pain and pills soon, sounds like it's really messing wiidja in the past week...:([/quote]

Hey thanks mar I appreciate the concern, they have been I've been weaning myself off so I'm borderline sick from it, my doc would rather I just I just stay on them but they are hard on me and my liver and even tho they work best for my joints(haha) I don't like how unnatural they are, I would rather smoke some opium after all it's natural but Unfortunately it's illegal

The plants are Lookin great! I'm jealous of the room u have for the indoor! I've been interested in Mekong, interests peaked at least for a while now but ur the first blade I've seen to have it, let alone someone that has smoked it(even tho u haven't yet) I'm making a wish list of strains from romulan to the ultimate

I lied, I thought I was goin to wait to take the god bud clones but I had a friend over last night that I'm teaching so I showed him how to clone, and this one was weird the 'pitch' that came off onto the razor was purple :eek: god bud is so weird!

9. lmao at that one buddy seeing you out there in Cannatopia planning big bud biz and landing salmon out your window or something...:rolleyes: seriously yeah my space has worked out great, and I'm thinking of opening another room for just that one plant I occasionally want to go big with. This outdoor grow shit has got in my blood.

I was away for awhile and called in the Man to watch the mums and the water supply. Jedi source water protection, that would be the shit

[​IMG]

Speaking of the great outdoors, which is a fine and important place to be today and these next few weeks, I restarted my blumats in Ra and left for awhile, when I returned the flowthrough was way way higher...thanks for those blumat tips BP, I know there must be some good threads about em somewhere but too much to do to read a lot these daze.

Attached Files:

10. Haha well I gotta get the props out there to ya, my place isn't big enough to have a tent but I'm workin on stuff haha the girls look great good things to come out if those

11. Day 42 after flip. My widest camera lens no longer picks up the entire length from pot to tip of all the plants in my little grow. The tallest ones, in the back row (Mekong High left, SAGE center with the major donkey dick cola, and SLH on the right still very airy) are a great height for this cabinet. Assuming they hold around here I am delighted to find that I can run these sativa (and balanced, in the case of SAGE) strains in this cab and have them stay healthy and in bounds....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cut the top off of Utopia Haze...it looks to me like the plant is trying to recover from the bottom up to the middle, but it had abandoned the top. Some of the blooms are getting bodacious--SAGE as you can see, also Chocolope, both flowers smell great. MH is putting out huge amounts of blooms, interesting to see how they finish and dry. I should be about halfway through for even the longest strains in here, though I'm prepared to go over 80 days if need be...:wave:

Attached Files:

12. :confused:

13. [quote name='"Marapa"']

:confused:[/quote]

Haha they look great, can't wait to see what they like on chop day, big ups! Great things to come outa this blade! Y'all listen up now... Haha

14. ha ha thanks man, you and me both.

Here's an early preview. You can't really see much in those group shots, so I thought I'd post a few closeups of some of the buds about halfway through.

First up, the tip of the Chocolope cola, a big, beautiful flower with a complex smell that already makes me salivate.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. SAGE - Frosty queen at 42 days. The thing about this flower is that it's already at least 2' of nonstop cola that looks like this. One helluva SOG candidate. Nice smell.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Royal Haze - the biggest mystery in this run. Growth stalled after lst, not as distinctive smelling. But a nice flower at this point, and starting to frost up....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Super Lemon Haze - dramatically different habit, very satty airy blossoms, but they are starting to add a little bulk. And def a nice clean lemon smell.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Mekong High - the thing about this plant is that, despite my training to keep height and width down as much as possible, it's got at least six stems that are covered for 2' or more with these big pistils. OK, DG, "poosie hairs" :p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Marapa mate, those shore are purdee man! Very, very nice indeed!

And I'm not even gonna mention that hair LOL :D.