Hawaiian Snow - T5 / HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Carolina.toker, Feb 23, 2009.

1. #1 Carolina.toker, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    Hi all this is my first grow... been going good so far. I'm planning on growing the mother plant first then taking cuttings for clones. once i select the best clones i will grow two clones in 7 gallon bags. this is a closet grow that is starting out under a 216w T5 (6500k). Then going to HPS for a scrog shortly after.

Plans - growing a mother plant first then cloning.
    Style of grow - scrog
    strain - Hawaiian snow GHS
    soil - fox farm ocean forest
    ferts - fox farm grow big and big bloom.
    lights - 216w 4 bulb t5 and a 400w HPS in a cool tube.

All comments are welcome as this is my first grow. Any advice would be great!

2. Humidity has stayed around 40% through most of this grow. I've tried raising the humidity with a humidifier, but this only raised the humidity about 5-10% usually staying at 45% when on. Temps have been around 79*F. I have been running my light schedule at 24/0. The lighting schedule starting tomorrow (3 weeks of veg) will be changed to 18/6.

Day 2
    [​IMG]
    Day 5
    [​IMG]
    Day 8
    [​IMG]
    Day 9
    [​IMG]
    Day 11 - Leaves have progressively gotten worse. Could this have been a possible salt build up at day 11? I flushed the plant and clipped the dead spots.
    [​IMG]
    Day 13 - as you can see the two bad leaves are clipped down .... however new smaller spots are showing. ph = 6.2
    [​IMG]
    Day 18 - Watered for the first time with nutes. 1/2 dose fox farm grow big. Run off ph = 6.8
    [​IMG]

3. Hawaiian Snow is a great smoke. Friend picked up an oz of it for $500 for head stash. Dank bud

4. That's what I'm hopping for!

5. The plant has show some more growth today. I finally switched the light schedule to 18/6 almost seems as if it makes the plant stretch more on this light schedule.

Also if you will notice the nute burn (that is what I'm guessing it is). I started giving it grow big at 2 1/2 weeks 1/2 recommended dose. I reduced the dose to 1/4 strength the second watering after some light burning.

The third picture is two mutant leaf sets that have been growing for a few days where the sprout leafs were. Hopefully this doesn't become a normal thing with this plant.

[​IMG]

nute burn?
    [​IMG]

mutant leafs
    [​IMG]

6. I watered the plants with a set pH balanced water. No nutes this time. I will start feeding it again next week at 1/4 recommended dose. run off was at 6.6. In the second picture you can see where i topped the plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. update:
    good news- plant recovered from the topping.
    bad news- looks like i have a nitrogen and a phosphorus deficiency

8. good thing the clipping went well, but the deficiency shouldnt be bad to fix. looking good so far, bigger than mine haha

9. Good luck on the grow, greenhouse seeds are a very good choice, so far I am having very good success with them.

10. im in bro :D

thnking about growing this ;)

11. UPDATE: plant has turned around and grown beautifully ... ph 6.2 day 41

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      103.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      120.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      123.1 KB
      Views:
  12. Looking good :) Can't wait til my seeds get here! I will definitely follow your grow :)

13. wow looks great how many times did you top it?

14. Only topped it one time. I was planning on fimming the side branches but, it has gotten so bushy already!

15. Lookin good man. Excited to see the harvest as well as your clones.

16. What if it's a male?

17. its feminized bro

18. 41 days late but still tuning in.

I feel like for the 2 lights you have your plant is growing fantasticly, are u gonna start using the HPS during flowering? or... is it already up there with the T5?

19. It has been all t5 so far (216w 4 bulbs). When the time comes to put the plant/plants into flowering i'll switch to hps. I say plant/plants because I'm considering trying a single plant scrog since this plant has grown so much already. If I do that its getting a nice 10 gallon pot.

20. #20 Carolina.toker, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    DAY 46
    plant is about 1 1/2' tall and 2 1/2' feet wide
    still under the T5. shes growing like a beast!

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      119.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG