Hawaiian skunk

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by DrGreentounge, May 3, 2011.

1. Update. My plants are doing awesome! I just lst'd one of my babies. Thought trying it is a better way to learn than just reading about it haha. Hopefully I get a nice bushy plant !

Attached Files:

2. Posted 2 of the same pics on accident

Attached Files:

3. I was worried that I would do sonething wrong while lst'ing one of my girls but shes loving it!!! The branches are already starting to point upwards toward my light. Ill update pucs tomorrow

4. Lookin good DR! You start those autos yet? BTW nice buckets (walmart special!) I bought the same ones, they blend in pretty well outdoors. Dont forget about our contest! My easyryder is 5 days old now still pretty small only got a couple low watt CFLs on her, but next week shes outdoor. Good luck n happy growing!

5. #25 DrGreentounge, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I should be germin my autos tomorrow! We shall see who comes out victorious!!!!!! Haha.

Good luck on yours. Make sure u keep me updated n ill do the same

6. #26 DrGreentounge, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    All my seeds germed except one looks like it wont make it. All have popped thru the soil except the one. So 8/9 isnt so bad. Im gonna start my freebies in the fall indoors so I can have more varieties outside next year too

7. New pics of my lst'd baby. The rest have moved outdoors :(

Attached Files:

8. nice lst.. and which plant is that?

9. It was the second biggest plant in the beginnjng of my journal. Im defin gonna lst my autos when they get bigger.

10. #30 ILikeBigBudds, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    yea it helps make the buds bigger too.

also what size pot are you using in that pic?

11. Even tho its low stress training is it too much for auto plants? I heard u want as little stress on em as possible

12. na I heard it was okay for autos but things like topping is too much. Ive seen alot of autos LST'd too.

13. A few new pics

Attached Files:

14. it looks like your pretty well on track dr. are you going to keep them all in the pots all year, or toss them in the ground?

15. Thanks for the input!! Yea im gonna be throwin em in the ground that way I yield alot more this year. I also have 5 autos going right now too.

16. nice, just make sure you put your time in for the holes, and the hard work for the year will be done. i've been growing in mn for 5 years now, and the hole can make a big difference, depending on how good the natural soil is. (if it's black or black/brown and crumbles apart in your hands it is very good, and i would only add a little perlite, and some castings)

but unfortunately on most of the spots i do i am not fortunate enough to have that beautiful soil, so work must be done, soil must be carried in, and once you have your plants in the ground, with this years rain you should only have to check up on them every couple weeks (weather according.)

i havn't rlly researched pineapple skunk. is she supposed to be an early finisher?

17. Ya know im not too sure if she finishes early. I got a clone from a friend and turned that one into a whole bunch. I have some seeds from attitude that I dont know if I should start them now az nd put em out ir just wait till next year.

I have to drag dirt into my places too. But ill work for 24 hrs straight on holes if I had to because I know its worth it

18. i did a little reasearch on it but it's hard to tell. there's alot of different breeders that do it, and they're all quite different. but for future notice i would try to order seeds or clones that you know will finish on time. here in MN it's especially important to get an early finisher. first frost usually hits my area in the southern part of the state around oct 5th. a ten footer doesn't do you much good if it frosts 5 weeks into flower.
    but i think you'll do allright. good luck.

19. Thanks man youve been a big help. Yea I have a few seeds too:
    G-13labs gigabud
    Purple haze
    Super skunk

What strains would u reccomend?

20. i've had good luck with bc seed king northern lights, and island sweet skunk. but those both push the limits and finish right on the average first frost. it would be nicer if i had something that finished earlier, so this year i'm experimenting with c99 as well.
    but honestly, if you see a strain you want to grow, try to find grow journals about it, because every seed company wants to make their stuff sound the best so some of them tend to exaggerate their finishing time. so i feel grow journals are the most reliable way to judge the actual finishing time of the plant.
    i guess alot of skunk plants tend to finish early, which makes me think that you could be in luck with yours.