Hawaii Outdoor DWC Scrog-Sunset Sherbet

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by four20in808, Oct 23, 2018.

?

Will this plant make it thru flower in these daily conditions

Poll closed Feb 20, 2019.
  1. Yes, it will make it thru til harvest

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it will eventually die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. After 3rd try. This time, used rooting gel and placed clones in reservoir of plain water. Whoddathunk?

Attached Files:

2. Today made two weeks since flip, and is the last day for tucking shoots under. White pistols have formed. Branches are beginning to firm up more making it quite difficult to bend and tuck. I had about a good 6 inch overhang on the edges. Just flipped them over the edge rail and under toward the center. Weavings are pretty tight, but the center still looks like it has gaps. Will clean her up one last time underneath her canvas then let-her-rip! I’ll give her one last shot of neem under the canvas after defoliating. No pests as yet, more for preventive measure. Predicted harvest day... Christmas.

She’s now on protekt, bloom, foliage pro, hydroguard. In veg, I used only Grow and hydroguard. Feed once a week.

**Side note, I have never used PH up or down on my plants or anything other than nutrients and water to control PH. The reason I added the foliage pro to the bloom mix is that Protekt drives the PH way up. Too high up for the other nutrients to bring PH in range. I actually use less protekt than required so I don’t have to add too much foliage pro. Never had a problem with PH going to low. Not opposed to PH up/down, just don’t have it on hand, but this seems to be working. The girls are sitting in 8 gals of water, but nutes are mixed according to 7 gals. PPMs.. no problem. I err on the side of caution.

Attached Files:

3. THANK YOU!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 16
    Ive stopped tucking, but as you can see she’s still got some stretch in her. She’s filled in her 2x2 grid and now has about a 5 inch overhang all around. Her reservoir is low so I’ll be topping off this evening with just water. Im contemplating feeding her twice a week now that she’s in bloom; she’s taking in tons of water. Will continue with once a week for now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scrog gone wild... the sisters, Critical Plus 2.0. Gave up tucking them after the 1st week of flower. They turned out to be beautiful bushes. They had an abundance of large leaves which made it hard for scrogging. The sunset however is perfect for scrogging as she naturally grows outward like an octopus’ stretching her legs. Her leaves were no where close to the size of the Critical sisters.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Another Critical Plus 2.0 sister that’s was intentionally unscrogged to see if the Scrog or she would bring in the bigger yield. it Doesn’t look that bad in the picture, but her center leaves have been yellowing and dying off. I gave her a dose of cal mag thinking it was a defiency. Still curious to see if she comes close to yielding the same even with her defiency.

Attached Files:

7. Day 17
    I said I was done tucking, but there were a few ladies showing their dominance in the race for top cola. Tucked the taller ones under.. trying to keep the canopy top even.

Did a major defoliation. Removed any fan leaves blocking bud sites, removed all lower fan leaves under the canopy. There were quite a lot of larger fan leaves taking up space. Found many little bud sites that were hiding among the thickness of fan leaves. Counted over 50 bud sites.

One more bottom shot of neem tonight, and I’ll let her grow from here. Her clones have all started taking. Her reservoir is still full. I’m assuming I’ll be filling with water again on Saturday and maybe a little bloom depending on PH. She should fill in some by then.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 19

And then this happened. She had waaaay too many fan leaves making it difficult to Scrog and I was worried about airflow blockage. Remedied the problem and relocated a few branches. The fan leaves will grow back in a few days. In the mean time, all bud sites are exposed giving them plenty of light to catch up with the rest. Probably looks extreme, but I’d rather the energy go into nourishing the bud sights and not the over abundance of large fan leaves. I was able to maneuver most of the overhang back within the grid.

Reservoir level still good. Will be topping off water level with nutrient water on Monday. Today’s PH reading - 6.2. Compare to the other girls I’m growing, her PH is the most stable as well as predictable. The others drop down to the low 5s after a couple days. My Critical Plus 2.0 is reading 5.1 right now. I’ll add some water to bring their levels up.

Now that she’s nice and exposed, I’ll neem her again tonight. I’ve had problems with spider mites in the past, which is why I’m so cautious with this grow. The neem seems to be keeping them away.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Day 23
    Here she is today. Didn’t get a chance to feed her on Monday. Changed out her water and added nutes. Leaves are filling in nicely. Just gotta sit back for another 5 weeks and watch her do her thang.

H2o 6 Gallons 6.7/220

Protekt 2.5 tsp. 9.1/250

Bloom. 10 tsp. 5.8/791

HG. 12 ml. 5.7/791

H2o. 4 Gallons

Protekt 1.5 tsp. 8.9/228

Bloom 6 tsp. 5.7/690

HG. 8 ml. 5.7/690

Neglected my sativa’s this week. PH tested at 3.4. They sure look healthy for sitting in that acidic water. Changed out of their reservoirs today also.

Flushing the sick Critical. She’s sitting in plain water for the day. Still trying to save her. Will re-nute tomorrow.

Attached Files:

10. Looks great. Can’t wait to see what she looks like in a few more weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #32 four20in808, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Day 26/56

Reservoir pretty low.

Filled with 4 gal water.
    8ml HG.
    2 tsp SSU.

Forgot to add that I started Snow Storm Ultra. Running an experiment with my other two plants. Both Critical 2.0 +. Only one is being fed the SSU. Started the SSU 3 days ago. Will probably start a different thread for that. Very noticeable difference tho. A little over a month left before harvest. Plants are looking unbelievably healthy!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snow Storm Ultra update...

Can you tell which one is using SSU? Might not show too well in the pics. I’ll post more as time progresses.

Attached Files:

13. Day 28/56

The Sunset Sherbet scrog is coming along great. She’s still filling in some. Bud sites are getting larger. Canopy is progressing uniformly. I am realizing tho that scrogs are really meant to utilize the area in a small space for greater yields. Makes no sense to take it as far as I did considering my space is not limited. Had I just let her grow thru the grid to support her branches, I believe my yield would have been greater. Still have 4 weeks to go to see if she can change my opinion on that.

Note to self.. Sativas fed today.

Attached Files:

14. Sativas: Before defoliating

LSD sativas. Left one unscrogged to see if it would yield just as much. Doesn’t look like it will right now.

Attached Files:

15. where in Hawaii do you live? im trying to grow outdoors only but im only getting about 6 hours direct light per day tons of rain past month as well

• Like Like x 1
  16. Honolulu. My girls get sun from 1030 till about 430/500. About 6 hours as well. Are you on the islands?

17. yea i live in honolulu tried growing my first grow outdoors this winter but lots of rain and im only getting about 5 hours direct sunlight from 10am to around 5pm. doing like a mix now constantly raining almost every week here so im doing like an indoor/outdoor grow. get what i can outdoors then finish off lighting indoors. seems to be going okay plants look healthier and greener but they still small to tell

18. There’s been a lot of rain, but I just pull them under my eves until it passes because they’re budding. They will still get indirect light from the sun if there’s any. If they’re in veg tho, I leave them in the rain and balance my ph first chance after the rains. Either the 3 strains I’m growing are coincidentally very very very forgiving, or hydro doesn’t have to be as complicated some make it. Idk. Yesterday, The other day, I checked my sativa buckets and could not believe that they were sitting in hot buckets of practically no water. The humidity had to be crazy high, but there was less than a cup of water I’d say in each of the buckets. I got some other strains coming up as well. Be interesting to see how they handle Hawaii climate. What are you growing?

19. 1st grow is mystery strain but pretty much budding already in the rain. 2nd grow is blue widows which are growing nice just started to LST them but topped 1 about a week ago and the other 2 yesterday.

my first grow i kept outside all day long literally about a foot tall only and budding not sure if they need more light or simply it is ruderalis.

im running them under about 18-20 hours of direct light/sunlight per day and trying to feed sooner and more seem to be going good so far.

going to work on an outdoor grow during summer to see if i can grow decent sized plants during the summer or if it's just lack of direct sunlight