Hawaii girl, new here, but not to smoking

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Samanthamudgirl, Dec 17, 2009.

1. My name is Sammy, I am just coming back to smoking because of legal medical marijuana. I am 44 with 4 grown kids and 3 grandkids and a very supportive husband. My husband tried pakalolo (hawaiian for cannabis) in high school but never gave it a second try because he got so paranoid. I am scheming on getting him high again. When I first brought the idea of medical marijuana to him he was against it, but I told him to keep an open mind and now he is for it.

I started smoking in high school and quit because I moved to Hawaii after high school and I couldn't find any weed, I was in a really rural area with no transportation and no money and living with my grandmother, so no weed.

Now I will be getting my medical card in about a month and a half and I am so stoked! I am bipolar, and I have fibromyalgia, ADHD, sleep apnea, thyroid disease, etc. What that means is that I am always very sore, exhausted, anxious/restless, and that I have bad nausea.

This is going to be a huge lifestyle change for me. Even though it's legal for me to smoke, there are a lot of people I cannot tell that I am smoking. Take my mom for instance she still bitches about how pot made me an angry, rebellient teenager. Even when I try to tell her it wasn't the pot, that it was that I felt lied to when they told me how evil pot was, and also how they said high school was going to be ok amd that I was going to be able to handle it when I was having nervous breakdowns from being newly bipolar.

Also, I am a born-again Christian, which is very important to me. My extended family are too, so I can't tell them. I love my family, but their religion has gotten them to be so conservative, where I am a liberal all the way! I am going to a church with good doctrine, but not that much judgementality. It is a foursquare church for those christians out there, so you know. But I will love you even if you are an "evil" conservative, lol!

Also for a job I am an artist, especially pottery (hence the mud in my name) but I haven't done much of anything for a while because of my disability.

A couple of questions what is bump and +rep? and where is the info on creating your siggy and your avatar? when can you do that? do you have to be at a certain GC maturity level?

Anyway, I can't wait to start smoking, but hubby won't let me until I get my card. Everybody- drop me a line, especially Hilo buddies and stoner Christians and those of you who are suffering with illnesses. Lots of love here!!

Hugs,

Sammy

2. Also, when posting, how do you quote another post?

TIA,

Sammy

3. #3 Renkluaf, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    hey there, cool story. welcome to the city and you quote a post by clicking the "quote" box in the bottom right hand of every single message.

also a bump is when someone wants to bump a thread back to the very top. (so it remains seen)

Reputation is the little green (or sometimes red (bad)) bars above peoples names, you can put reputation on peoples posts by clicking the "scale?" in the top right corner of the posted message

avatar and sig info is in the my account section at the very top right of the page.

4. Hey Sammy welcome to the city. I'm also a stoner Christian, I'm not conservative or liberal, more independent (Ron Paul woooooo!)

You should have your husband try some of your medical grade pakalolo (love that word now that I know what it means) have you discussed him trying it yet?

5. thanks Ganja Godfather for all the handy info!

& Hello Peter (that is my husband's name), I told him he could have been paranoid because he felt what he was doing was wrong, and that it was necessary for him to feel good about it. I suggested we try toking together sometime very casually and he laughed which was a good sign, but I know he will have to think it over for some time before he casually takes the plunge. He is a very cautious man.
    So, Peter do you go to chuch anywhere in particular?

Sammy