Having Trouble

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SEAJASON, Sep 3, 2016.

1. I'm fairly new to cultivating this type of flower. My issue is that I can't seem to get past the germination process. I can get a 100% germ every time. Once I plant in the soil.... It's all down hill. Let me say first that I live on a small remote island in South East Asia(which is directly on the equator) . So the only resources I have is what is available from nature. There's no miracle grow potting soil, no rockwool.... I'm remote. Being on the equator the sun is more than intense, it's brutal.

The last round of seeds I planted in small cups, good quality organic soil,good drainage and obviously good sun. They lasted about 3-4 days. Some just wilted up. Some the stems started to get really thin but hung in there for a few days. All of which I feel the soil was moist, not wet or dry. Me getting seeds here is not easy to do as you can imagine. So I'm getting nervous because the few seeds I have are becoming fewer and fewer.

Anyone have any suggestions, keeping in mind my location. I'm guessing the sun is just to intense for the newly started seeds. I currently bought 2 florescent strip lights which have about a 700 lumin output each. They don't put out any heat but a decent amount of light. See if that helps. After there fairly stable...... Should I slow introduce them to the sun outdoor?

2. Definitely try a gradual introduction to the sunlight, I'm in Australia so I'm feeling you on this. Mine are usually a couple of weeks old before they can go outside to play. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. You being in Australia you can definitely understand my issues. Well..... Except your still in a somewhat urban area I would imagine.

If the worst case happens and I have no seeds left, you aware of anyone in Australia that I can get some seeds? Getting them to me will be another trick.

4. Haha, Northern Queensland is anything but urban, we have no seasons, just summer!
    There is an Aussie cannabis breeder, goes under the name southern star seeds. Their distributed by cannabisseedsforsale.com, the site is in the U.K, but seeds are in and get s my from Australia.

5. Keep them in the shade. (Plants should be properly hardened off.)

and Start in a small/medium pot than transplant in the ground after roots develop.

6. They seem to be doing good. However I noticed today that 1 of them the smooth leafs are pointed slightly up and the serated leafs are drooping. Any suggestions? Soil is definitely not to wet, not dry. My opinion it's perfectly moist. Color is uniform. No discoloration. Everything is perfectly green. Need help.

7. Is there anyway you can post any pictures? picture could be worth a thousand words. If its even possible. Do you have them in the sun all day long? And keep them outside 24/7? They maybe getting heat stress if your having problems with the sun, it sounds really intense where you from️ what kind of temperatures do you get there, during the hottest part of the day? And when is the coolest part of the day? You'll get hang of it there people that will help you that have a lot of Knowledge!
    Good Luck

8. Yeah, does sound like high temperature is bothering them. More specifically the roots, what size pot are they in? Maybe a larger pot with more soil could provide a better environment for the root system, making them happier

9. Solo cup works well with lots of holes. Make sure to not over water. That is the number one rookie mistake. Also, the soil needs to be aerated well. What kind of soil mix are you using?

10. Ok. Here's a pic guys. Still same condition this morning. I gave up on outside. Sun is just to intense. Nights it's 80-82. During the day it's 90-95. Zero clouds. 100% burn the shit out of you sun.

Soil is definitely not over watered. If anything it's on the dryer side at the moment. Soil is an organic compost. Nothing in it. No additives or vitamins.

Attached Files:

11. Someone also mentioned maybe to hot. I have a digital thermometer /humidity reader in with them. It stays around... 80-82° 24/7. That to hot? Also have a fan lightly blowing for circulation. Is this to hot?

12. Like he said, put them somewhere they get partial shade and not under 18 hours of blazing heat!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Othere issue I may have is that it's a constant 12 hrs of sun year round. No change. I'm sitting directly on the equator. So how will the plant know to flower? The days don't get shorter here. Will that be an issue? She'll sit in veg state forever.

• Like Like x 1
  14. This is my...... 3rd round of screwing up seedlings. Each time trying a slightly different method which fits my conditions here. As of right now there under florescent lights 24/7 and seem happy. This is the furthest I've been able to get them and look somewhat healthy. Should I deviate from this 24/0? Everyone has there own grow receipt.

15. Try experimenting with different light schedules, whatever works best for your plants

16. also clear pots doesn't help, roots are not supposed to see lights

• Like Like x 1
  17. ^^ And what he said... Good pick up Tropical, I missed that one

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nope, that is a good range for temp.

That might also be a contributor to the problem. Seedlings should have plenty of light. 12 hours will trigger flowering. Unless it is an autoflowering plant. I think if you keep the plants under your t5 lights you will do a lot better. So far it looks good. If I were you I would flower them right outside when the time comes.

Yea, you should wrap the plastic cups with duct tape or spray paint them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Have you ever considered working with autos? I don't know much about them I work solely with photos that use 18/6 and 12/12.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1