Having to add too much Ph down?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vick_k, Jan 12, 2017.

1. hey guys so today i had to check my resevoir and had to clean it out for a fresh new batch of nutes. When i finished filling it up with tap water i check the PPM and ph with my bluelab combo meter and my PPMs were super high today! 630!
    My wholehouse RO system will be installed in a few days to take care of this insane fluctuation. But anyways..i ran to my local water dispenser and got a 5 gal of RO water and once i got home i mixed RO with my tap water to bring the PPM to around 300 (yes its still high but ive used my tap water which is usually at (350) plenty of times. So i add my nutes and once i got at the 650-680 range i started to notice i had to add alot more nutes than i Usually do and once i got to balancing the PH i noticed I had to use ALOT more PH down this time around to bring it down from 7.0 to 5.8. For good measure i took my meter to a shop and they calibrated it for me and said its not the meter. (But still having doubts) maybe my meter is messed up? Not sure has anyone had a similiar problem?

2. Your ppm's need to go up (to around 1000) and your pH needs to stay at/around 6.3.

Otherwise, you're going to grow half assed plants & be on here asking too many questions about shit you could of prevented.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Theres a reason why my ppm is low im dealing with rooted clones pretty much

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. That has nothing to do with my question anyways :/

5. You're going to solve your problem with a RO system. That still doesn't fix the problem of your pH being too low.....I'm a hydro grower....have been, for a good while. I'm only trying to help you. You're the one with the questions lol, not me.

6. [​IMG] general hydroponics great tool. Like 6 bucks on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

7. Nomidzone dont get me wrong i really appreciate it! But let me maybe clarify my situation? Yesterday i used tap water at around 350ppm and added my nutes to bring it up to 700-750ppm and then adjust PH which i had to add no more than i would say 1-2 mils. But today my tap water read 600+ so i went and bought RO water and mixed it in with my tap water to drop the Ppm down but when i went to add nutes i noticed i had to add ALOT more to bring up the Ppm and i used well over 6 mils to drop my ph down to 5.8. So right now i think since i had to add so much ph down my nutes are useless and shouldnt be used.

8. Assuming his plant's would be capable of handling 1,000PPM is a pretty ignorant statement. Being a hydro grower you should well know different plants require different feeding levels. And stating "Otherwise, you're going to grow half assed plants" again is a rather ignorant statement. There are a lot of outstanding grows with plants no where near the 1,000PPM level.

9. 500 ppm lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7E

10. My blue dream scream for 3000+ppm

Autoflower420