Having sprouting issue, please help!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Crezo15, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I hello I am trying to sprout an og Kush it germinated ok and I planted 2 days ago but instead of sprouting with out seed casing, or even it hanging on it sprouted still incased in the whole seed I've never seen this before it is about an inch tall. What should i do is this normal???

2. Hi and welcome aboard
    It's pretty normal to have the helmet on for a day or two but if it becomes too tall and leggy you *may* need to help the plant getting that shell off its head. any pic would be really helpful.
    cheers

3. I did what this guy did at the start of his video by filling around seed again with soil up to the level that the seed had risen to then lightly covered obviously mine was far worse than the one in the video but I'm hoping this will help my poor plant, do you think this was the right move?

4. But you're not getting the result that guy having and that's why I asked about pics of *your* plant in first place ;)

5. Good luck with your grow bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Might be from not being buried deep enough. I've seen it a few times and it usually is a result of being buried to shallow.

7. Shit sorry I fucked up haha I forgot to take pics before I added more soil I'm pretty new to grasscity, but I'm also new to growing if it wasn't obvious. This is only my second grow I only grow a couple at a time in a closet

8. it's alright. by posting a pic it would be much easier to diagnose and help that little fella getting back on track.
    no worries

9. To be honest I think your right I think I just got lucky with the other four I didn't know the cannabis community was as helpful as this

10. God I hope it's not a fella haha I'm hoping for a girl I don't know if it's feminized or not

11. Not all females come from feminized seeds. Feminized is a process to make seeds that tend to be females by taking males out of the act of seed producing. Regular seeds can be either female or male.

Unless you bought the seeds as feminized seeds from a reputable supplier you'll never know if they were feminized even if they're all females.

12. Tbh I'm new and thought feminized ment 100% female
    Just checked as I wasn't sure the seed is og kush from dinafem

13. I thought all feminized seeds would be female after checking the seed is og Kush from dinafem

14. Shit didn't mean to comment the same thing it said there was an error so I redid the post obviously the other still went through haha

15. Supposedly it's like 99.9% from what I've read about producing fem seeds. I don't know. I've popped hundreds of fems I've bought, all females. I do rodelization to make my own fems, a buddy of mine breeds and uses colodial silver to make fems, all females. So I'm just going off what I've read.

Dinafem sells a feminized og kush.
    Always check what you're buying 1st. It should say feminized or regular. Last thing you want is a bunch of males expecting females

16. Thanks for the tips I only buy feminized but I actually have the same number of normal seeds as I do fem because I got a bunch of free and promotional ones so far only actually did one grow with a non feminized seed and it was a free one it was narcotic kush and it ended up being female

17. It's normal, never pull seed shell off seedling, there's nutrients they need inside. Imagine if the doctor just rippped you out 5 mins early when you were born.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Happens all the time bro, sometimes months early, not just 5 minutes (stay awake in health class) lol, I've had a few dome seeds OP I try to get the shell moist if it doesn't pop in a few days like everyone else kinda said delicately pull the shell off

19. So your saying reaching in, ripping a baby out of a vagina 5 minutes before contractions are timed ready for pushing anddd you wont have any problems? I'd like to see that one. And when baby's are born a month early (pre-mature) there's a very high chance of problems. And you were talking about problems right.
    Wife is a RN helped her study for 8 years.

• Like Like x 1
  20. What does OP mean drawing blank haha all I can think of is over powered but that doesn't seem right in the context

I don't know if you read earlier in the post I have sort of reburied it by putting soil around it and lightly covered it I will wait a couple of days and if it's still not popped properly I'll moisten the shell and remove it