Having major problems - please help ASAP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by meesh, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Hey guys,

Starting to get worried, can anyone help me?

I've got a couple of cybercrystal plants on the go. They are growing rapidly but some of the leaves are starting to become damaged and discoloured.

A few leaves are drying out and becoming slighty crispy to touch. Also a couple of leaves are beginning to turn yellow.

I have a 400w hps lamp abot 20inches from the plant tips and a fan circulating the air in a homemade grow chamber 1.5m(L) x .5m(W) x 1.7m (H) lined with reflective material. The top and bottom of the chamber has been left open to allow air in and out.

The temperature is at a constant 85 degrees.

I've been watering a little everyday though because the top 3 inches of soil are drying out each day???

what do you think the problem could be?

2. are you giving the plants fert.....if so stop and flush the mediums, it sounds like overfert..... but if only the tips are yellow it will be heat stress......your temp is slightly high.....keep it between 70-80, and make sure the fan is bloing across the top of the plants, this is where you should take the temp from as well.......Peace out...Sid

how are supplying fresh air to them....?

3. If its the top leaves then it could be heat stress from being too close to the lights.

4. also you said that you are using reflective metal, if it is too shiny it may also add to the heat.

5. my bad i didn't realize you said material

6. WHAT MATERIAL ARE YOU USING I WOULD GO WITH FLAT WHITE.HOW BIG ARE THESE PLANTS?400 WT IS A BIT MUCH ESPECIALLY FOR BABIES USE FLOROS UNTIL A DECENT SIZE.IVE LEARNED MY LESSON IVE BURNT UP A FEW.GOOD LUCK.

7. dude i think u may be needing nitrogen dont quote me has help with yellowing for me