Having issues with my plants, please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by manalatvija, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Well I've had an issue with gnats(I believe)for about a month now. I'very exhausted every option I can think of. was hoping someone might have some great advice they might be able to offer. my leaves are starting to curl down making them look like a claw, they are turning yellow on the ends of the leaves. I've tried using diatomaceous earth and not watering them for a couple of days. also used near oil while they were waking up and it hasn't helped the situation any. not sure if it's just a bug issue or something else as well 20161114_180137.jpg 20161114_180144.jpg

2. #2 dickie fickle, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Stop over watering your plants and the gnats will go away Looks like you have over nuted too , but hard to tell in the purple light . Here is a tip when you take pics use white normal light .
    Your plants look pitiful .
    You should check out this helpful site , it sure can help you if you read it
    Tutorial: How to Grow Cannabis Indoors! | Grow Weed Easy

3. so how often should I water them? and I know the light doesn't help but they're turning yellow along the edges and some of the leaves have turned completely and are frail. they were doing amazing 2 weeks ago and they've been slowly getting worse and worse and I'm not sure how to fix the situation. I don't water them very much(maybe a cup of water a day)and don't use very many nutes(fish fertilizer and sugar daddy)so I don't see how I could have given them a nutrient burn..

4. could just be a dud/old seed? allways best to grow more than one so you have a fallback.
    do you PH your water?

5. I doubt it, like I said they looked great and then something happened and they are starting to get bad. this is what they looked like 9 days ago 20161111_075456.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Fungus gnats are not doing this. Although they are not exactly beneficial, gnats won't harm your plants unless you have a really really serious problem (a large cloud of gnats emerges when watering) or if you're propagating (cloning/raising seedlings) in the same room as the gnats. Personally this looks like a combination of overwatering and nutrient lock out and/or nitrogen toxicity, you've got multiple things happening at once (need to see pics without LED light). Possibly even lack of light too, how powerful is your LED? And how close to the top of your tallest plant? Watering a cup a day is pointless, you're literally just teasing your baby. You need to flood and drain the soil every 3-5 days to really satisfy her but that's dependant on humidity.

So in conclusion I would:
    Dry the soil out. Put your finger in the soil and if you can feel moisture when you get to your second knuckle in depth it's still too moist.

Flush. After you give the soil a good drying (almost bone dry) pH a decent amount of water with a small amount of dolomite lime and Epsom salts to 5.5pH and flush that bitch for two days consecutively, but afterward make sure she dries out well.
    This should sort out some issues.
    Also, put up sticky fly traps (the yellow tape looking thing hanging from the roof/light). This will catch the adult gnats, whilst drying out the soil will kill the larvae that feeds on the roots.
    One last thing, monitor your pH! I suspect this will be half your problem.

7. Thank you!! I appreciate the feedback, will try your suggestions and will let you know how it goes! thanks again

• Like Like x 1