Having issues with a FoxFarm in new Hydroponic Set Up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jeremey, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Would love to hear some feed from anyone who has used FoxFarm lineup in a hydroelectric system. I’ve been wrestling with deficiencies (yes Im using the Hydro version of the GrowBig) Especially when raising PPMs. My ladies are in week 4, and I’m still just south of 1000 PPMs. That’s about half strength. I’ve added in CalMag, which seems like a must for every Rez change. I thought I had it balanced. Went to 1200 PPMs, and got yellowing in the main veins of leaves. I just added some magnesium, and diluted back down to 900 PPMs. Keeping PH between 5.5-6.0. Feeling a little on edge, and would really appreciate some good information on this subject. Thanks in advance

2. Use Epsom salts as a foliar spray if not in flower mate !
    teaspoon per gallon.
    Plants will love it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. For ur knowledge according to Grow Jesus aka Brassnwood. Hydro fox is just the same as soil except hydro is diluted in half with water

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I just finished flushing, and switching it up to GH. FoxFarm is great in soil and coco, but I don’t like it for the Rockwool in my bucket system. CalMag supplement helped, but not . Plus I’ve been wrestling with PH since the start. I’ll continue to use it for my moms. Plus, that GH3 is dirt cheap! I’m running 2-55 gallon drums, and 2-40 gallon rezs in my veg tables. Just saved me allot of money!! I’d never recommend FoxFarm for any Hydroponic setups. Just asking for it with PH, deficiencies, and possible bacteria blooms. I’m not a rookie, but I am to hydro. At least I didn’t kill my whole dam crop, but I’m pretty on point with keeping a close eye on it. Thanks for the input. Below is what was happening, only took one day. Happened as soon as I tried to go over a 1000 PPMs. I’m in week 4 bloom, and should already be rocking 1250. Lesson learned.

Attached Files:

5. The Grow Big soil version has no calcium in it as well