Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Having a weed hangover?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Zjesko, Jan 24, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for about 4 years now, usually just a weekend sort of thing for me, seeing as I'm still in school. Most people talk about being truly "chopped" after smoking for about 1-3 hours, depending on the situation, the bud smoked, ect. But for me, I usually feel pretty high for about that long, but then i feel keished for the rest of the day, no matter when I smoke. Im so tired and out of it, and i dont feel like my normal self at all. Usually if ill smoke around 3pm or later on any given day, ill wakeup the next day and still feel out of it. not necessarily HIGH still, just socially awkward or not sure how to react to certain situations. Ill feel stupid and unable to do things i normally could do if i hadnt smoked the day before. And sometimes, if i smoke late at night and then wakeup for work the next day or something i WILL still feel high.

Another thing, often times just being around people smoking can make me feel high, even if I myself am not smoking. Not sure if its because of me getting secondhand, or what, but honestly for me smoking is such a mind game. I feel like half the time i just feel high because my mind is telling me I am. I hate it though because in some situations (such as when im at school, or church, or work) I dont want to feel high or stoned. I just want to be my normal self so i can act normal and not be suspicious.

Does anything like this happen to anyone else? or am i just one weird ass stoner.

2. It used to happy to me when I was a weekend smoker. But once you smoke more often you don't get that anymore.

3. See that's what I thought too. But most of my friends, who smoke about as often as me, don't have this problem and they all think I'm weird as hell for it

4. Nah man it happens to everybody at first. I feel your pain though it's pretty annoying being out of it the next day

5. Used to happen to me too, dude. Happens to most of the people I know, too. It always helped me if I waited for my high to go away before sleeping, maybe try that? Other than that, smoking more often does help. Why not try to have a small bowl or something each night after school just to get your body used to it?

6. when people think you're weird for experiencing something different than them on a substance that produces a myriad of different effects on different people.... I think them weird haha.

I know you're talking about though
    I got high and then if I smoked too much when the high wore off I just feel stoned and out of it. although I like feeling stoned sometimes so it was just part of the experience for me.

heck 1 night I smoked so much that I had afterglow all the next day.

I figured out that after the high wears off your left with the analgesic and "stoning" effects... I just considered myself "over medicated" and you're right it's hard to communicate and function but it was no more severe than sleep deprivation which served as a good excuse

7. #7 Long White Cloud, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    I have my own theory on this. My friend, he's just a beginner, just a young seed. He seems too get the 'after bake' real bad, and I know that feel cos I get it now and again. What I think it comes down to is hours of sleep. A human can function on around 7 hours of sleep. Get anything much less than that and you're in for a slower day, weed or not. So I think being on your down buzz, then not sleeping for long enough, enhances this effect. Therefore, after blazing, you could try and get a couple of extra hours sleep than you usually would. Just a thought!

Also, as another said, letting that down buzz wear off before going to sleep should help eliminate the after bake completely.

8. This.

If I go to sleep torched I feel like I go into a coma. Which can sometimes be great. But most of the time I have to work early in the morning, so it makes it harder to get up. Just try not to smoke so late. Try playing around with what time you smoke and still feel these lingering effects. If you can smoke no later than 9, and be in bed by 12, you should be golden.

9. I know you're talking about though[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Smoke a bowl when u have those hangovers. Best solution amigo