Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Having a plan."

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by floating_by, Nov 19, 2008.

1. I participate on other forums as well, and one of which is a golf forum. There is an area of said forum where people discuss/argue politics. One of the members works for a drug testing company (I learned something new- 5-7 days for the THC to get out of your system unless you are a very heavy user according to this guy.) Anyway, he was, as you would expect, very dead-set against legalization of drugs and threw out every tired argument for drugs. The "gateway" theory, etc. I was able to address his concerns and cut through the stereotypes. But I never really got through to him until one critical aspect came up. He admitted that the drug war was a failure, but that one couldn't just "give up" and do nothing. It was then that I proposed this simple plan to him:

At that point, he was fine with it. He just wanted a plan and not a carte blanche, "legalize it" argument. I just wanted to share my experience, and to say that even those who are most opposed to marijuana or other drug reform can be open to change if you are well-informed, respectful of their concerns, and address their concerns with a plan of action. The tide is turning, one person at a time. Please feel free to add to or discuss my "plan" above. :smoke:

2. thats awesome.
    great job man.