Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Having a job and toking after work

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NinjaToker92, Apr 30, 2011.

1. First of all i live in San Diego California and i'm a medical patient. So if i get a job like Fed-ex where they drug test you at start and if there is an injury/accident, what happens if there is an accident and i come up positive for weed. I only plan on smoking like 3 times a week. Will i loose my job even though i'm not toking on the job? Also i'm gonna lay off weed for the initial drug test and i'm not going to tell them i'm a medical marijuana patient unless i get drug tested over an accident/ injury.

2. Don't risk it if you can't afford to go without a job thats all i gotta say

3. love smokin up after work after a long hard day

4. if your a patient and your goin for a job at fedex..whats wrong with you??
    if its just mental shit, is it really worth not having a job for??
    sorry if i sound rude, not trying to be, im confused here man

5. IF that situation were to arise, detox drinks?

6. Talk to some of your coworkers about it once you make friends. I'm 100% sure at least one of them smokes and will tell you the good.

7. I use quick fix (fake urine), that way they can test eveyday and never know:D

8. see, most of us aren't working at McDonalds or on welfare, disability or unemployment. Most jobs have the policy of dt at hire and dt in accidents/injury. SO what your saying is that i sohuld work a menail job and never get to enjoy it? FUCK THAT

9. i think, EVERY job has dt on accidents and injuries. its mandatory by state, or federal.
    my job has NO dt policy anywhere, anytime. but if i get hurt?
    i get tested, state laws man. fucking blows. seriously tho,
    why do you need weed, if your able to work at fedex?
    baffles me man.

10. I used to work for Fed Ex as a driver and they have a very stiff policy on drug use. I stopped smoking when I worked there. They random test and run the business like the Military. I'd pick another job if I were you. Fed Ex has one of the best benefit packages I have ever seen if you can refrain from smoking. Another thing to consider is these jobs are incredibly labor intensive. It started to take it's toll on my body and eventually switched careers. Good Luck man...

11. so are there any good jobs that will make 30-40k per year that don't drug test more than once?

12. Ha
    dude. seriously just stop smoking weed if you want that kind of money and benefits.
    you obviously dont need it if you think you can apply at fedex.
    flaws man...flaws.

13. This may sound menial and it's only a suggestion. Go out and buy a hot dog cart from someone that's gettin out of the business. Take that to a secure location where it's busy, preferably around State buildings and shake the money tree. You can make well over your $30-40k requirement. You can laugh at it if you like but the potential to make alot of cash is there...

14. I being serious, and no i'm not gonna just stop smoking cannabis, when i retire i want to become an activist, so no I WILL not stop smoking cannabis. btw my medical condition is aspergers syndrome.

15. #15 Kiefsweat, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011

how do you expect to retire if your not willing to put weed down for a little while just to get a job?
    what a fucking joke dude. seriously
    and with that you thought you could work at fedex??
    hahahaha
    come on man, be a little bit more logical about this. in order to get the 40k
    and the benfits, you HAVE to not smoke, unless you just hit it lucky and find the right job, but those chances are slim to none
    so you know what mr i being serious?

disrespect is not tolerated
    Slinger
    good fucking luck to you and your shitty autism.
    peace.

16. I'm a nurse assistant in the process of going to school for my RN and in the almost two years I've had it I've never been tested but I've been tested for retail and customer service jobs before. Point being that you never know what can happen so if you're going to be looking for employment lay off the green. In my jobs as an NA however, they always have reserved the right to do suspicious screens but I work around this by doing my job, not acting like a dumbass, and not bragging about my smoking.

As much as a pain in the ass it can be, they so have reasons for drug testing and working in a professional environment has taught me that.

17. Have fun with welfare and mcdonalds

18. i do not have any of that shit, i dont even eat mcdonalds, i cant even afford to eat where i work. i mean, without the discount at least,
    all im saying dude
    your not gonna get a job like that unless you stop smoking pot
    regardless of what you want. its not about that
    you gotta do what you gotta do. and if you cant??
    have fun on welfare and eating at mcdonalds my friend
    toumothafuckingche

19. im sorry to sound like an asshole dude, thats far from what im intending.
    it just pisses me off, that you have tht problem, yet weed is the only thing that helps
    yet, you cant get a job, because of fucking assholes and drug tests
    its absurd to me. fucking ridiculous. i do feel for you man, sorry for the negativity
    i know you dont need that shit rite now.. peace

20. Wow,..... to much negitivity. Look its possible to get a high paying job, not always possible to smoke and have that job at the same time but I was in the same situation 2 years ago I quite for 2 months busted my ass to get my foot in the door at a job that pays top dollar. I do smoke now and I will always smoke as well. I beat my drug test with fake urine if I have (smoked recently), with fake urine. Im not saying everyone should do this but it worked for me and I am glade for that. :bongin: