having 2 plants in one pot bad?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1990bnr, Jan 5, 2010.

1. hey guy,i just wanted to confirm this i read on one thread that it is bad because roots will tangle? i could see this being a problem if you were transplanting again but if this is your final pot does this really matter?

2. they will tangle and it will die its not about not being able to transport it. You will have 2 plants fighting over nutes and water that is good for one plant and they will sooner or later one or both will die

3. Having 2 plants in 1 pot is not a good idea, for a number of reasons

1. They will fight over space and their roots will become entangled and eventually become inseparable.

2. Their branches will also entangle causing them to fight for light, or suffer from lack of light

3. If one of those plants is female and the other is male - you're going to have to kill the male - and hopefully you can separate his branches/leaves from hers without having a pollen sac pop open.... but then your remaining female plant will be forced to live with the rotting/dead roots of the plant that you killed.

As a whole - it's a bad idea. You can get a pot for $2, so just spend the money, and get as money pots as you have/want plants.

4. Yes..

5. A LOT OF YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE FACT THAT ITS NOT NECESSARILY A BAD IDEA. Studying more about horticulture in class, entanglement is NOT a problem but comes with the territory of side by side growing, FIGHTING FOR LIGHT?! that falls under the several reasons for pruning, ( crowding, disease, air circulation, etc.)... FIGHTING FOR NUTES? the real problem is how close you plant them in the same pot, and how big the pot is in the first place. I've grown good bud ( 2 lion boy kush in one pot ) more frequent watering is a given, and LST is perferred. IT CAN BE DONE WITH NO PROBLEMS!
    These people contesting me here, probably NEVER done it and read it from an unexperienced growers weak attempt...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I enjoy the pic in your signature, Sceno. :)

But I don't see you pointing out any benefits to growing two plants in one pot. So it's possible, sure. But what's the point? You can do it and chance problems, or not do it and never have problems. Seems like a no brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My issue is space. This is my first grow and I would like to get off 2 plants, but Im in a closet in a 2 x 2 but I do have 4' of height. So it is possible to get 2 good plants off in one pot...? Considering a 5 gal pot 12' across the top...